Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

installing a pa rp5 gm11

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2020, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing a rp5 gm11 NEED HELP!!!

im installing a after market stereo into my 03 suburban using the pac interface but i cant figure out how to keep my dvd controls so i can use the headphone in the back seat. its not allowing me to switch the sorce. it stays at radio and when i try to trun the dvd player on the radio and dvd player will play through the speakers at once. i want to be able to change yhe back from radio to dvd while will using my radio in the front

Last edited by Atsui; May 4th, 2020 at 3:45 PM.
Old August 31st, 2021, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

Originally Posted by Atsui
im installing a after market stereo into my 03 suburban using the pac interface but i cant figure out how to keep my dvd controls so i can use the headphone in the back seat. its not allowing me to switch the sorce. it stays at radio and when i try to trun the dvd player on the radio and dvd player will play through the speakers at once. i want to be able to change yhe back from radio to dvd while will using my radio in the front
I have this same problem. Were you able to fix this issue?
Old September 1st, 2021, 8:43 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

The dash radio is the head unit. Once you swap out to aftermarket then all bets are off on controlling the rear unit. All factory sound systems are interconnected and there are always issues installing aftermarket. You may even loose the steering wheel controls and the key / door chimes as they go through the stock radio. Factory radios run through the vehicle computer systems.