Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2011, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Cluster

My 2007 Tahoe has the standard black guages and they are all but impossible to see and read. Does someone make an instrument cluster with white gauges? I was tols by someone possibly there are white decals available to stick over the black guages. Any information if available and where to buy would be appreciated.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 4:47 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum
you might try a forum search as well as Google, here is a quick search that has some links to previous request for the same idea...
Keep us updated if you find and decided to go with something as well post some pictures...

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/aftermarket-custom-instrument-gauge-cluster-overlay-5600/#post23411
Old January 23rd, 2011, 5:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, here is an easier option...MAYBE. Why dont you replace the bulbs in the cluster to high output LED bulbs? If yours is black face with white numbers, then get some WHITE LEDs or BLUE LEDs bulbs and change it out. It is the same effort required to put an new face on it. Think about it.

I had standard black face, with standard bulbs in the cluster with the orange needle. I replaced to red LEDs and the needles were all red but I couldnt see the numbers so I changed to blue LEDs. Now the numbers are blue and the needles are white. Cool!

Last edited by RacerX; January 23rd, 2011 at 5:39 PM.
Old January 24th, 2011, 9:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the real problem is that the instrument cluster lights aren't on during the day for 07's and we can't see ****. The genius's at GM figured this out the next year of course and are on all the time.