Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Interesting article on DVD on Nav screen...

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2006, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting article on DVD on Nav screen...

I just picked up a new copy of Motor Trend's truck/suv buyer's guide where they had the 2007 Chevy Tahoe on the cover. Page 59 had a staments like so...

"The center stack on our tester had the optional nav/backup camera screen that can also be used to watch a DVD when the transmission is in Park."

Has anyone done this? Are they referring to the DVD slot where you put in the NAV DVD? I'd appreciate feedback and comments on this please.

Thanks.

CQ
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Interesting article on DVD on Nav screen...

I have a 2007 LT and It has NAV and DVD rear, and the front screen does play DVD while in park thru the front dash DVD insert... The CD behind the screen is for the NAV map CD only from what I know... But yes it does play DVD movies in the front and rear while in park... Hope this helps.
Old May 9th, 2006, 1:40 AM
CF Beginner

I guess it only works with Tahoe's with rear entertainment systems and NAV. I only have the NAV on my 3LT and without the rear entertainment system. I tried to insert a DVD on the front slot load and it didn't do anything.

Thanks.
Old May 18th, 2006, 7:07 PM
CF Junior Member

There are 2 Nav radios available. One that goes with the rear seat entertainment (this is the one that allows you to play a DVD in the NAV radio while in park).
The other one on vehicles without the rear seat DVD player, that will not play a DVD as someone has already mentioned.
Old May 18th, 2006, 9:36 PM
CF Active Member

So is the article saying that the DVD can be watched in the front when inserted in the Nav slot? I know that I have put is a dvd in top slot and it played both in front and rear(while in park) It only played in the rear once in gear.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

hi!!

Anyone know if it´s possible to enable dvd so you can watch the dvd while moving??
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Not content with just talking on the cell phone? It's illegal in most if not all states to even have a TV that's viewable from the driver's position. The lawyers would bankrupt any carmaker that had a movie screen that the driver could see when the vehicle is in motion.
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

There is a nav model and a nav/dvd model. The one with only the nav will of course not play dvds. The model with both nav/dvd will play both, but once in drive the front screen is nav while the rear is the dvd. While in park they both play the dvd.

Anyone had any success with using the RCA inputs on the rear screen down by the rear air controls? Im looking to add a PS2 or other device into that input.

Collins
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Okay this is going to sound interesting and I am not sure how to make this occur again. I bought my 2007 Chevy Tahoe yesterday. I was parked and sitting in the drivers seat showing my son the dvd player while he sat in the back. The movie was playing fine for him. Nothing was stated on the front display. I started driving and touched the dvd menu again and it gave me a button that said full screen. I pressed it and the movie began to play on both the rear screen and the front panel while driving. I thought to myself "this is great!" My wife could watch while we drive also. Now as good as this sounds, I can not duplicate it after stopping. It tells me there it cant do it while moving, not in those exact words. Any ideas why this worked and/or how to make it happen again? Did I hit a sequenece of keys that worked? One thing to note, before I did any of this, I could not enter an address on the NAV system. After DVD stopped working I could. This could have nothing to do with the issue, or everything.
Old July 19th, 2006, 2:00 PM
CF Active Member

When you were parked and showing your son the DVD player, were you in park or in drive? Or was the system completely off and you inserted the DVD in slot?

Quick Reply: Interesting article on DVD on Nav screen...