Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Interior noise problem - PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2007, 3:42 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Interior noise problem - PLEASE HELP

Has the dealer provided you with a loaner vehicle while yours is in for service?

You may want to ask to meet the GM engineer, my bet is that no engineer is involved and the dealer has just put you on the back burner because of the difficulty.
Old January 12th, 2007, 1:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZX1100F1, they provided rental through Enterprise. It is dirty Ford minivan, which has nothing to do with GM or dealer it is just another inconvenience.
I am not sure if they suppose to provide comparable vehicle or not. It would make sense.
According to GM's customer service they have their "top engineers" (that is what they said) working on this. I have contacted GM several times.
They do not consider replacing the vehicle. GM passes the bug on the dealer and vice versa.
At this point I am not even sure what are they doing with the Tahoe. They claim the noise is coming somewhere from the fender.
Kind of strange, but I have no other choice, but to take their word for it.
I hope that they are not disassembling half the Tahoe to find the problem. Because from my experience once they start removing body parts, then the noises and problems do not go away.
Old January 12th, 2007, 8:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Reminds me of an Astro Van some 10+ years ago; it had a strange noise coming from the rear corner of the van, Chevy bought the vehicle back and we tore it apart only to find that one of the bozo's on the assembly line used a piece of wire to attach a soda can inside the rear fender. The rear AC unit made it nearly impossible for any dealer to locate unless they disassembled a better portion of the rear of the vehicle.

FYI; If you read your warranty manual (and check your states laws) you may be surprised to learn that GM isn't required to provide you with any form of transportation while your Tahoe is being repaired.

And if you're raising hell with Chevrolet Customer Service and have them breathing down the dealerships neck (over a little noise) then your going to learn one of life's little lessons the hard way I'm afraid.
Old January 12th, 2007, 9:12 PM
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 159 Posts

Did the bottle have a note in it that said "How long did it take to find this?"?
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:50 PM
CF Junior Member

OK got call from service that Tahoe is done.
This is the result of top GM engineer's and professional GM service repair facility after 12 days of troubleshooting:
Sprayed inside of fender with Dynamat. Noise appears to be gone. They do have to test drive one more time tomorrow is what they told me.(For obvious reason to me, they want to make sure the sprayed enough of this crap so the noise will not come back at least not for a while).
I looked up Dynamat and I do not want to paste the all details here but one line caught my attention:
"....making it good choice for home mechanic....."
Now this is f...g. great, really. I am impressed GM. I could have done this myself.
Unbelievable

Old January 12th, 2007, 10:53 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1
And if you're raising hell with Chevrolet Customer Service and have them breathing down the dealerships neck (over a little noise) then your going to learn one of life's little lessons the hard way I'm afraid.
What do you have in mind with the lesson ? Could you be more specific. Seriously.
Because I ended up with vehicle with some problems and contacted GM in hope to get some answers?
Doesn't customer have any rights these days ? I am just looking for some answers what is going to happen next Do you work for GM ? Dealer or where ? If you don't mind me asking.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

I had a similar vibration from the right side of the dash during hard acceleration. I traced it to the A-pillar molding. I added felt linings at the interface between the molding and the dashand that fixed the problem for my Tahoe. There's also a small stereo speaker on the molding that could be a source of vibration/noise because it has a loose fit.