Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Interior Plugs Reset when Doors Close

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2019, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Plugs Reset when Doors Close

Didn’t know how best to title this, but my 2016 suburban is doing something odd. If a cranked car has the doors opened and closed, upon closing the interior auxiliary plugs all blink or reset (turn off and right back on). This causes aftermarket headrest monitors to turn off, the wireless charging pad in the center console flickers off, chargers plugged into aux ports blink off and back on....I can’t find an ignition wire that STAYS on as long as the engine is running. Everything blinks when doors are closed.

this has SOMETHING to do with the key fob, as SOMETIMES I can avoid this aggravation by leaving the remote in the car when I step out. For example, sometimes it lets me step out and pump gas without flickering when I close the door because the key is left inside. But this is not always the case.

so, doors close, I hear clicking behind the dash, exterior lights (running boards and mirrors) cycle and interior outlets/accessories blink off briefly. How do I fix this?

much thanks.