Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2007, 7:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help ASAP

I have a new 2007 Tahoe LT3 and the rear window won't close on it. When you push it down to close it the lock won't hold it in place. I talked to the dealership and they want to look at it but I need it tonight for work.
Old January 11th, 2007, 7:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Need Help ASAP

Not sure if this will work for this type of lock but here goes anyway....just looked at it...this will work

Either the lock is not locking or the button is stuck. Inspect the lock and make sure it's not in the closed position. Hit the switch see if it unlocks. If no, try and pull the latch with your fingers while hitting the button.With yourfingers, push closed the lock manually and then hit the button to open. This should help confirm if this switch is working. Check the rear hatch switch that it's O.K. and also the Key Fob and make sure that isn't stuck in the open position. If all looks O.K., try a little WD-40 on the lock and work it. If the lock will not stay in the locked position after all that there's nothing you can do other than have the lock replaced.

Hope I could help brother FF!
Old January 11th, 2007, 7:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If for some reason you still cant get it closed dont forget about CO fumes leaking into the back of your vehicle. I would tape it shut or roll all the windows down. Stay Safe
Old January 11th, 2007, 8:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Well I was able to get it closed for now. I had to push the window extremely hard to get it closed. For some reason the lock mechanism doesn’t want to lock when you close the window normally. I called the dealership and they said bring it down tonight if I needed to but I am going to drop it off tomorrow since I was able to get it closed.
Old January 11th, 2007, 8:28 PM
CF Senior Member

might just be a loose latch. When it was closed it could of pushed back and the latch now locks deeper in the well than before.
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default Rear window latch in locked position

Originally Posted by sdfd504
I have a new 2007 Tahoe LT3 and the rear window won't close on it. When you push it down to close it the lock won't hold it in place. I talked to the dealership and they want to look at it but I need it tonight for work.
If your latch is in the locked position with the window open all you need to do is push and hold the button on the lift gate and use your fingers to pull the latch back to the open position.
Old December 23rd, 2019, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

how can you tell if its a loose latch? Im having the same issue with mine