Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Rear hatch will NOT LOCK

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2018, 8:01 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear hatch will NOT LOCK

Despite all other doors locking fine, rear hatch will NOT lock. My key fob lock function works for all other doors but does not lock rear hatch. However my key fob "lock" function does not work. When I press the door lock button inside door, all doors will lock properly but rear hatch. I can just open it and the alarm goes off. I've lubricated mechanical latch. thanks in advance
Old October 18th, 2018, 2:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only had my Uplander for a week. Dealing with authomatic door locking etc., has been a steep learning curve. I've found that I've had to press on the key fob several times before the rear hatch will lock. It seems to make a difference where and how I point the key fob. It also seems to be hit and miss as to whether the rear hatch will lock when I press the universal lock button inside the van. For this reason, I always check the rear door before leaving my van. What could be making a difference is sometimes the locking mechanism goes to into "delayed locking" mode, which means the doors don't lock until several seconds later.