Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Ipod interface SOLUTION!!!!

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2007, 9:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod interface SOLUTION!!!!

I talked to the rep at Peripheral Electronics today and he said that they now have a second module to add to the primary module that will allow control of audio and video from your ipod through the factory system. He said it is brand new. You must have a factory nav/dvd for it to work. You need part number PXDP3, which is the main audio module, and you need GMVIM, which is the new video interface module. Still waiting on a package price with both modules and the harness, but I am excited that this will solve all my issues...

Old March 13th, 2007, 2:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Ipod interface SOLUTION!!!!

i believe the GMVIM is just a GM lockpick for watching the screen while driving.

nothing to really do with the Ipod, afterall you can just use a ipod video cable and plug it in the rear video input.
ORIGINAL: knute3

I talked to the rep at Peripheral Electronics today and he said that they now have a second module to add to the primary module that will allow control of audio and video from your ipod through the factory system. He said it is brand new. You must have a factory nav/dvd for it to work. You need part number PXDP3, which is the main audio module, and you need GMVIM, which is the new video interface module. Still waiting on a package price with both modules and the harness, but I am excited that this will solve all my issues...

Old March 13th, 2007, 3:08 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: vyslouzil

i believe the GMVIM is just a GM lockpick for watching the screen while driving.

nothing to really do with the Ipod, afterall you can just use a ipod video cable and plug it in the rear video input.
ORIGINAL: knute3

But if I use the AV cables, I still have to control the ipod manually. I want it out of sight and control it with my nav screen, which I thought would only work for audio. But they said it is a new device for video ipods. Proof will be in the pudding I guess....
Old March 13th, 2007, 3:29 AM
CF Active Member

Hi. Those are VERY nice units. We can help you out on pricing as well... Shoot me an email when your ready to purchase the Peripheral products!