Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Issue w/ Service Quality on '07 Tahoe, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2007, 4:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue w/ Service Quality on '07 Tahoe, suggestions?

Hey everyone,
Just thought I would share my experience with you regarding my service complaint.
Mind you I am very meticulous with my truck, as it was a big investment for the family.
My Tahoe went into the shop for the driverside door seal to be replaced because the door would not shut all of the way and you would have to slam it to close it all of the way.
So they replaced the seal, I picked up the Tahoe and it seemed to be working pretty good.
So a week later I decided to detail me Tahoe and I cam across the door seal (the one they replaced) and I notice all of these little nicks up and down my inside door jamb, they went as high as the roof all the way down the door, these are paint chips like someone was hitting my metal door jamb with a hammer.
So I call the dealership and complain, I bring it in, they call me back and say this is NOT covoered under warranty, I replied, I understand that but it's more of a complain on the service quality, he referred me to the manager, talked to him and basically i'm screwed, they say they couldn't have done it, thats not how they replace it, basically putting it on me and said maybe your seat belt hits it when you get out.....absolutely impossible, I remove my seatbelt before i open the door and it retracks.
All they say they can do is next time it comes in, send it to the paint shop and basically put touch up paint on it, which i can do.
Am I in the wrong here? I thought the customer should always be right? I've been having alot of issues with this dealership and there service, maybe it's time to change.
I don't open my door and chip off paint with a hammer or something. Let me know what you think.
Thank you for your time, Jay
Old February 5th, 2007, 5:07 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Issue w/ Service Quality on '07 Tahoe, suggestions?

It sounds quite possible that the damage was done by the technician that replaced your door seal.
I wouldn't stop with the service manager, next step would be the general manager and then up to the owner from there.
Now here is were the problem is going to lie: You must decide what it will take to satisfy you in the end, I don’t like to have the factory paint messed with myself especially if it is damaged in an inconspicuous location but you (on the other hand) may want to have the door-jamb repainted which may pose another problem if the this dealer is notorious for shoddy work.
In the end vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere; be sure to spread the word to your friends and relations to do the same.
Old February 5th, 2007, 5:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks ZX...
I will probably not go to the dealership again and instead of taking the service manager up on the tough up. I'll buy my own touch up paint and 1000 grit it or have a painter friend do it.
Thank you for the advice.
Jay
Old February 6th, 2007, 4:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealership service departments are like restaurants. Some give great service and some suck. Luckily in my area I have several to choose from. I am very happy at this time with my selling dealerships service department.

I have a minor paint imperfection on my hood that came from the factory. I showed the service manager and he offered to paint the entire hood or whatever it takes to make me happy. I had one of his detailers buff it out to where its barely noticeable. Its good enough for me plus I am very hesitant to paint a brand new car. It was reassuring that my dealer offered to paint it though.