Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe w/ poor XM radio sound quality

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2006, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe w/ poor XM radio sound quality

I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee with Sirius radio and an '07 Tahoe with XM. In the Jeep the satellite radio sounds CD quality. On the Tahoe the satellite radio sound dull and flat. Playing music on a CD or through my iPod is 100% better. Has any one else experienced this? I'm not experiencing any static. It's just not any better than using an FM transmitter.

FYI.. I have the Bose set up in my LT. Thx
Old November 7th, 2006, 1:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe w/ poor XM radio sound quality

I have noticed that if I set the front and rear balance control 1 click south of center (more rear) I get a fuller sound. It seems to pump up the sub woofer under the console.
Old November 7th, 2006, 1:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure which radio you have, but on the navigation radio you can set different sound qualities through your eq for the different sources. You may want to go to XM then go to your EQ and adjust it so it sounds the way you like.

Jason
Old November 7th, 2006, 1:59 PM
CF Active Member

My XM sounds monotone and very flat. I plug in my iPod or Sirius receiver into the AUX input and it sounds great. I have played with all the EQ settings and no hope. It almost sounds like the XM is FM Modulated, but I am sure it isn't.
Old November 7th, 2006, 5:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Mine sounds ok but I notice a difference in volume between the CD and the XM, the CD being louder.
Old November 7th, 2006, 7:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what you mean. I have already set the equalizer for each type and input. I still cannot get the XM to sound nearly as good as any other source.
Old November 7th, 2006, 9:28 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

When I tried setting different EQ settings for each source, it seems to change it for all sources. Also when I select "talk" for AM, all the others change to "talk". Obviously I'm doing something wrong [] since this is the second time I've seen this mentioned on this forum. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old November 7th, 2006, 9:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps it is the radio you have and it doesn't have the feature. Does it have a true equalizer or just "talk" rock etc?
Old November 8th, 2006, 1:53 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

It's the Bose that comes with the nav system. I know that my 02 TrailBlazer Bose could have a different EQ for each programmed station. The only option I see on this one is "talk" or set the EQ the way you like it but it seems to set it for all sources. Yuk!
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

I agree with Dash that the radio in general sounds better with the fader set one click past center to the rear. However, XM's sound quality and volume is still far inferior to the radio and CDs. In addition, I have an LTZ without Nav and I can barely get any bass out of the Bose system even with the bass maxed out. I too welcome any suggestions. In my opinion, a vehicle this expensive ought to have a better sounding stereo.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe w/ poor XM radio sound quality