Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Jump seat replaced with center console

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2012, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump seat replaced with center console

I removed the center jump seat on my 07 Suburban LS. The Center console was very easy to replace but the unit I have has a radio, cig. lighter in the rear, in addition to a USB port and another cig, lighter inside the arm rest compartment. My question is, the radio has a Bose Amp mounted with a wiring harness, Can any of this be hooked up? I don't necessarily care about the radio hook up but would really like to get both cig. lighters wired as well as the USB port
Old January 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dishawcues
I removed the center jump seat on my 07 Suburban LS. The Center console was very easy to replace but the unit I have has a radio, cig. lighter in the rear, in addition to a USB port and another cig, lighter inside the arm rest compartment. My question is, the radio has a Bose Amp mounted with a wiring harness, Can any of this be hooked up? I don't necessarily care about the radio hook up but would really like to get both cig. lighters wired as well as the USB port
I highly doubt the rear radio controls will be able to be hooked up. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think it will be an easy job to get that done. However, you mentioned your Bose amp has an available wiring harness. Does anything fit into that harness?

The USB port would only be useful if your radio head unit has a USB plugin. This is probably not the case, unless, of course, you have replaced your radio recently. This console must be from a newer vehicle, as the USB was not an option until 2009.

The two in car power plugs (cigarette lighters) should be able to be hooked up, I just can't tell you exactly how. It would simply be a matter of connecting a proper power source and ground. There must be some wires somewhere for these plugs. See if you can find the wires and trace them back to their source. That way, you can get an idea of what you are working with.

As I stated before, you mentioned your Bose amp has an available wiring harness. Does anything fit into that harness? Do any of the wires match up? Let us know how you make out. Good luck!!
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

+1, I'd check to see what harnesses are in that area, the power outlets are likely there....
Old January 11th, 2012, 6:23 AM
CF Beginner

Here is a pic of the wiring harness the smaller male plug is directly connected to the cig lighters. the big connector is connected to the Bose amp. any chance there is a connector somewhere under the carpet.??Jump seat replaced with center console-img_0449.jpg
Old January 11th, 2012, 9:11 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Usb

USB was 2010, not 2009.

your best bet for the USB would be to use it for only a charging point.

find a 12v to USB charger, then get an extention for it, and use the female end of it for that port or wire it up manually... then that port can be used to charge phones / headsets / etc.
Old January 25th, 2012, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

What did you do with the jumpseat? Im looking to replace my console..