Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

just bought a 99 chevy tahoe any input?

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2013, 11:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a 99 chevy tahoe any input?

hey everyone so i just popped my first SUV cherry and got a 99 chevy tahoe, it has 160k on it.... ive ran into a few problems so far since purchasing it... ended up getttin new u-joint, new ball joint, oil change,oil filter, new air filter, spark plugs, link bars in the back, 10k HID's..... thats whats done so far and still have to get new axle bearings, water pump and an ac compressor kit, thats all the mechanic found wrong with it, otherwise im looking to know any good advice that can help me in the long run that usually needs to be changed as the vehicle seemed fine but ended up needing alot so far but once its all done it should be like a new SUV, the tranny and engine run very strong picks up fast and has ***** and chirps like every corner it just is a great vehicle.... i need to get the fuel filter replaced, i want to do the wire plugs for spark plugs and distributor cap also, if anyone has some good hints to point out and check into id love to hear it cause once i fix all the problems i would like to raise it like 6inches.... looking to hear back some input and become one of the tahoe people also learning bout SUVs and 4x4ing which the whole system is all new to me!

Last edited by Newto4x4; April 27th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.