Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

just instaled super chips!!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2007, 4:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just installed super chips!!!!

Does the superchip void the warranty ?
Old April 24th, 2007, 9:03 AM
CF Senior Member

any factory service that you need you actually remove the sc program it takes about 5 min. ,once out the dealer can't detect any modification.
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:09 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: biglg

Dont expect a MPG increase with the superchips. HOwever, the performance is well worth the price! I only paid 300 for a brand new one!
OK -- then does the MPG decrease with the SC??
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:54 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I honestly cant give a good opinion of what it does to MPG. I programmed my superchips at the exact time I put 24's on. However, i have had 3 flashpaqs now and I never saw a noticable increase, or decrease in MPG. Driving conditions vary to much to get a good idea I think.

Shark, yours is stock maybe you can give some info on your MPG after adding the superchips.
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:45 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't be fooledinto believing that "once out the dealer can't detect any modification".

The ECM stores a lot of information and if they are suspicious or get snoopy it can be found out, however it is rare that a warranty denial will result.
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealership's service manageractually recommended I purchase a Superchips when he realized that GM didnt have a 24" wheel/tireupdate.
Old April 24th, 2007, 1:18 PM
CF Junior Member

I installed the Superchip on my '07 Tahoe w/ 2500 miles. After the next 2500 with chip in, I was getting .9 mpg better. Oh, and I use
Super Unleaded (92 octane).
Old April 25th, 2007, 2:02 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Well I just went with the base program so far but haven't done any hwy miles yet. Didn't see any change in town. Of course it was done during our coldest part of the winter so hard to draw a comparison. When I get the new cat back on, I plan to do some testing since the Superchips has data acq now. Also have a GtechPro that I haven't used yet. Something about finishing the master bath remodel. []

PS: Is the Beemer in lieu of a rock?
Old April 25th, 2007, 3:58 AM
CF Junior Member

ZX- I recently took my Tahoe in to service to only fix some cosmetic issues. While my tahoe waswith the service dept theyupdated/changed myTahoe's computer.....thus I am nowunable to remove the performance adjustmentsthat were made from SC because it no longer recognizes my Tahoe.Is it possible to have the service department reprogram the Tahoe's computer back to original stock settings? Thanks
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:05 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: thkwolf

ZX- I recently took my Tahoe in to service to only fix some cosmetic issues. While my tahoe waswith the service dept theyupdated/changed myTahoe's computer.....thus I am nowunable to remove the performance adjustmentsthat were made from SC because it no longer recognizes my Tahoe.Is it possible to have the service department reprogram the Tahoe's computer back to original stock settings? Thanks
Are you saying your stock programming is still loaded into the programmer? If so, then yes you have a useless programmer unless you can get sc to reflash it.

Quick Reply: just instaled super chips!!!!