Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Just lowered 07 LT

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2007, 4:00 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Just lowered 07 LT

Looks great! So, how does it ride compared to stock? I guess you had it aligned?
Old January 25th, 2007, 4:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I had it alligned this morning. The ride is a little stiffer, but not bad. I personally like it better. Only issue now is there is a little rubbing with the splash guards under the fender and the tires when I turn. I'm about to trim them.
Old January 25th, 2007, 4:17 PM
CF Addict

What size are the tires you have on there? Lastly, what is the offset of your wheels? Thanks.
Old January 25th, 2007, 4:34 PM
CF Active Member

I want to say that the offset is 35. I think the actuall offset is supposed to be 31. But my wheels are perfectly alligned with the fender and it rides perfect compared to the ones I had on before from my old 03. I didnt like my old ones because they stuck out too much. Tire size is 285/45/22.
Old January 25th, 2007, 4:38 PM
CF Addict

The overall tire size on yours is very close to mine! How bad is the rubbing? Mine currently rub only in reverse with the wheels cranked.

Where did you say you got your kit? How much?
Old January 25th, 2007, 4:54 PM
CF Active Member

Is your truck lowered? I got my kit from streetpros.com. 488.33 shipped. It rubs in turns in the rear tires and in reverse like yours. I put my hand inside my rear tires and its really close to the plastic peice. Ill just trim them.
Old January 25th, 2007, 6:08 PM
CF Addict

No, mine isnt lowered. Just with 24's and factory height. But mine already rub in the front, in the back side of the fenderwheel. The inner part of the tire rubs in reverse when cranked hard.

You say yours are rubbing in the rear. I am guessing you are talking about the inside of the well, backside of the tire, or the top of the wheel well?

How much trimming you going to have to do? I just want to lower mine, but I dont want to lower it and have all kinds of rubbing issues.
Old January 25th, 2007, 6:32 PM
CF Active Member

Yup, inside of the well both front and back of the tire. I wont have to trim that much. If its rubbing now, it may rub more once you lower it. I have seen tahoes with 24's lowered. Im not sure if they did stuff for the rubbing. Whats your offset?
Old January 25th, 2007, 6:37 PM
CF Addict

My offset is +31. My tire size is 305/35/24. I wish I could find someone with the exact same set up so I could see exactly how bad the rubbing was, and how much trimming or well removal was needed.
Old January 25th, 2007, 6:44 PM
CF Active Member

I know what you are saying about having someone with exact set up to answer all questions. But if you are anything like me and you want to lower the truck its going to bug you till you do lower it. Using the McGhaughys kit is fairly simple and if you dont like it you can always go back to stock. Just make sure you keep all the stock hardware that you dont use with the kit. I will tell you the worst part about lowering was the drive to the shop to get it alligned. It drove super nasty with the allignment way off. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Just lowered 07 LT