Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Just lowered 07 LT

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2007, 7:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just lowered 07 LT

I am glad to see you got it done. It looks great. I know what you mean about the drive to the alignment shop. I did not think I was going to make it when I drove mine there, but it got done. I am just waiting a little bit before I trim my rear inner finder wells. I want to see exactly where it rubs and then cut it out.
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to trim today, but I like your idea better. Waiting to see where its rubbing then trim. Is yours rubbing in the back as well? I was just looking at pictures of your truck. It looks nice. What size are your wheels and tires? Are those the headset DVD from GM? I priced them today and they run 1900.00. I like how they look but I dont think Im spending 1900 for them. I may go to a stereo shop and have one of the overhead system installed.
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:10 PM
CF Active Member

Yes it rubs in the back when I turn fast or hit a bump. Not bad just a little.
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:36 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: P_RsTahoe

Are those the headset DVD from GM? I priced them today and they run 1900.00. I like how they look but I dont think Im spending 1900 for them. I may go to a stereo shop and have one of the overhead system installed.
Ebay has them for around 800 for the pair. I believe they are even GM brand!
Old January 26th, 2007, 1:55 AM
CF Active Member

P_RsTahoe...are those wheels by chance Driv Moonshines???
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
CF Active Member

Im not sure if what you are mentioning is a brand or a store or manufacture. But I got the wheels from ebay and they are the Venti V73's. Hope that answered your question.

Thanks for the info biglg, you dont happen to have a link do you? I cant find them.
Old January 26th, 2007, 3:24 PM
CF Active Member

My wheels are 22". The headrest are the ones you get from GM. I got them from ebay for $1100.00. But like Biglg said I seen them for $800.00 but they sell pretty quick. Just go to ebay and search for GM headrest DVD.

Hope it helps, Darren
Old January 26th, 2007, 9:26 PM
CF Active Member

BigLG,

The rubbing is from the wide width of your tire. The suggestion I got from Americas Tire was to run a 285/40/24 tire and you will cut down on the rubbing. The 305 is much wider than the suggested tire. The overall diameter is close, but its the section width.

The rubbing in the front comes from the angle of the tire and suspension while in reverse is much great than going forward. This extreme angle helps the car turn faster in less space. The rubbing in the rear would require some plastic cutting.

I would not cut the inner liner. Another tip would be to heat up the plastic with a heat gun or blow dryer (heat it up good) and then hit it a few times with a mallet to mold the liner back a 1/4 inch. This way it will still look stock.

Good Luck...
Old January 26th, 2007, 9:31 PM
CF Active Member

Good tip. To late though. I already cut. And I did cut a little too much. I may buy some new ones ad do what you recomended or trim a little less.
Old January 26th, 2007, 9:40 PM
CF Active Member

I cut my inner rear fender wells today. I only cut where I saw it rubbing. You can not even tell its been cut when your done. No more rubbing for me!! I do have the 305 tires and was told it might rub a little. But I will say this. The rubbing was so minor that it should not be a reason not to lower the Tahoe. The looks far outwiegh the rubbing issue and if you cut it or heat and bend you dont have an issue at all.
Thx
Darren

Quick Reply: Just lowered 07 LT