Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Keyless entry problems

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2016, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry problems

07suburban Getting some odd behavior from my remote: When I leave the truck (2007 Suburban) and come back, keyless remote does nothing. Actually haven't experimented enough to determine if it's a period of time or a proximity thing that seems to disable remote. Anyway, if I use the key to unlock driver door, magically all remote functions return- even rear lift and remote start. Leave the truck and come back- nothing.
I have been through the remote relearn described in the manual (through dic) and got the two beeps signalling success. Still acts the same. Am I missing a step at the end that would save the settings?- not sure what "cycle the key to LOCK" means... I simply turned truck off and cycled through lock/unlock with remote as couple of times?

Borrowed this description from another thread that never got answered, but describes my problems exactly.
Can anyone shed a little light? Thanks
Old January 17th, 2016, 8:23 PM
CF Veteran

does your second remote do the same thing?
Old January 17th, 2016, 8:39 PM
CF Active Member

I think it's just a thing with remotes. My 99 Tahoe does basically the same thing whenever it wants too. I can walk up to it within range and nothing happens. If I unlock the door with the key, all is well, the remote is flawless. If I push the Lock button 1st, everything works as normal, I just don't get it either. At first I thought it was the battery, but it's ok with the correct voltage, even a new battery. If you figure it out, please let me know. Good luck,
David g.
Old January 18th, 2016, 7:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
does your second remote do the same thing?
Yup both remotes work identically. If I simply open a door everything works as normal. Once time elapsed like a timer, again nothing works.
Old January 19th, 2016, 7:05 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

My guess is you have an electrical drain somewhere, and the battery rundown protection is kicking in? See if it takes 20 minutes or so. That's how long it takes to kick in.
Old January 19th, 2016, 7:43 AM
CF Active Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll throw out another guess. When you unlock the door you "wake up" the computer and other electronics. The FOB receiver communicates via the GMLAN to control the door locks.
Is it possible that some piece of the electronic system is killing the GMLAN when the car goes back to sleep mode ??
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by intheburbs
My guess is you have an electrical drain somewhere, and the battery rundown protection is kicking in? See if it takes 20 minutes or so. That's how long it takes to kick in.
If you are referring to the time it takes the system to stop working after I lock it up. No its not 20 minutes more like 1 to 2 minutes. Once the doors open everything "wakes up" and works fine. Thanks for input though.
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by a55bruce
I'll throw out another guess. When you unlock the door you "wake up" the computer and other electronics. The FOB receiver communicates via the GMLAN to control the door locks.
Is it possible that some piece of the electronic system is killing the GMLAN when the car goes back to sleep mode ??
That sounds about right it goes to sleep and I have to wake it up to operate properly.

Guess it has narcolepsy lol.
Any ideas how much that unit is and where it's located? I heard there's one in driver kick panel and also in rear panel of car?