Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Knock sensor problems

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2010, 7:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Knock sensor problems

2004 Suburban 5.3

Check engine light came on a while back and i changed both sensors and harness. I also removed the rear foam and put rtv around the plugs like the recall instructions said. I used the expensive metal snap in intake gaskets and torqued everything to spec. Not more than 200 miles later the light came back on, i keep reseting it but its driving me nuts and it was not cheap or easy to replace it the first time.

Thanks
Old June 21st, 2010, 8:24 PM
dh1
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Assuming you pulled the codes from the OBD and you are getting the same knock sensor issue? Or is it possibly a different error code?

Anyway, it is entirely possible that you got a unit that was bad out of the box. Another possibility is another problem is causing the knock sensor to indicate out of spec.
Old September 14th, 2011, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey everyone! i have a gmc sierra it has a 5.3 enginee and am having the same problem with the knock sensor i have done everything you guys have done and the light still come back on. i was wondering if you guys did something different or something new to fix the problem? can the air filter intake affect the knock sensor?