Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Lady in Distress/99'Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2017, 1:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lady in Distress/99'Tahoe

I have a 99 Tahoe 5.7, just replaced the power steering pump,alternator and battery after sitting 6 months. Also my kid left key in ignition turned forward for unknown amount of time. I hear fuel pump, it cranks but seem to get no fuel. After 20+ trys it seems to try for 2.2 seconds. But nothing. Please. HELP a woman in distress doing all the work herself. Why won't my baby start.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 2:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me

Help!!!!
Old February 2nd, 2017, 5:17 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just sounds like the battery is drained; it will need to be charged
Old February 2nd, 2017, 8:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by april veach
I have a 99 Tahoe 5.7, just replaced the power steering pump,alternator and battery after sitting 6 months. Also my kid left key in ignition turned forward for unknown amount of time. I hear fuel pump, it cranks but seem to get no fuel. After 20+ trys it seems to try for 2.2 seconds. But nothing. Please. HELP a woman in distress doing all the work herself. Why won't my baby start.
+1, Make sure the battery is fully charged.

What type of fuel injections system...Port? If yes, the poppet valves will not open under 44 psi of fuel pressure.
the fuel pump will prime for 2 seconds at key on, then stop until the engine is started. this is normal fuel pump operation.
After ensuring the battery is charged; If it still cranks and no starts, check the fuel pressure.

You could also try cranking it over and spraying a 2 second shot of brake cleaner spray into the throttle body. if it starts briefly on brake cleaner...you have a fuel problem.