Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Lane drift alert

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2019, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lane drift alert

Hello , can anyone please offer some advice . I own a 2017 Suburban LT (loaded) . I purchased in September 2017 . This is my second one since body change in 2015 . Anyway my Suburban would Either beep or the seat vibrate if the sensor was able to read the
lines on the road . My 2015 did it and I’m aware it can only do one or the other beep or vibrate. My 2017 beeped whenever I crossed a line a bit or the seat vibrated again whatever I set it for . It works from day I picked up 9/5/2017 until one day on the way home from a dr appointment it just stopped in Feb 2018 it’s been to the service center countless times called GM who tells me “ it may or may not work depending on conditions! I get it I know when it won’t work . But this worked for 6 months then stopped! I switched dealerships they had in 2 times can not find anything wrong and GM told them to tell me to refer to the manual! The other audible or vibration warnings work . So when I back out of driveway it does beep or vibrate if a car is coming in either direction . It beeps when I back up and get near something. It did work whenever I drove . I’ve had people ask what is that beep while I wound use Bluetooth. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you
Old August 20th, 2019, 3:10 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Just so I understand the question here, is the lane departure detection is not working correct? or is it the alert that it sends to the driver not activating the way you expected i.e. not beeping or not vibrating?
Old August 20th, 2019, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Lane drift alert

Originally Posted by in2pro
Just so I understand the question here, is the lane departure detection is not working correct? or is it the alert that it sends to the driver not activating the way you expected i.e. not beeping or not vibrating?
Hello and thank you for responding. The audible beeps and seat vibrating stopped working . It shows the green colored car on display , it turns amber if I drift and it will gently bring me back into lane but no beeps or seat vibrate as it used to do for the first 6 months
Old August 25th, 2019, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I would suggest turning both response options off, then perform a key cycle and try turning them back on and see if that does it, if not I try a reboot, disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes and see if it resets..
If that doesn;t do it , you may need to get into the dealership and see if something has happen with the programming.
Old September 6th, 2019, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

I have experienced the same issue with my 2017 Suburban Premier. I loved the Lane Departure Alert/Warning, specifically the seat rumbling. When the dealership "updated" my software this spring, this safety feature was deleted. I've written Executive Customer Service, who gave me a list of reasons why it wouldn't work as an example, snow covering the road (duh!), as well as one to Mary Barra, the CEO of GM, and no one from her level has bothered to reply. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you get it resolved? If so, how? TYIA, JBA

From everything that I now know, it appears that GM has arbitrarily deleted a safety feature that I paid for.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

If any Chevrolet Suburban owner/reader has lost the lane departure warning feature, please report this issue to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration at https://www.nhtsa.gov or www.safercar.gov. This governmental agency is collecting information on safety issues and needs to know more about this matter in Suburbans.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Anthony68
Hello , can anyone please offer some advice . I own a 2017 Suburban LT (loaded) . I purchased in September 2017 . This is my second one since body change in 2015 . Anyway my Suburban would Either beep or the seat vibrate if the sensor was able to read the
lines on the road . My 2015 did it and I’m aware it can only do one or the other beep or vibrate. My 2017 beeped whenever I crossed a line a bit or the seat vibrated again whatever I set it for . It works from day I picked up 9/5/2017 until one day on the way home from a dr appointment it just stopped in Feb 2018 it’s been to the service center countless times called GM who tells me “ it may or may not work depending on conditions! I get it I know when it won’t work . But this worked for 6 months then stopped! I switched dealerships they had in 2 times can not find anything wrong and GM told them to tell me to refer to the manual! The other audible or vibration warnings work . So when I back out of driveway it does beep or vibrate if a car is coming in either direction . It beeps when I back up and get near something. It did work whenever I drove . I’ve had people ask what is that beep while I wound use Bluetooth. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you
I own a 2018 Tahoe LT RST and this is exactly what I have been experiencing. I know it worked a few weeks ago, but now I get a "lane assist" steering nudge but no sensible vibration when set to that OR an audible beep when set to that. As far as forward collision braking and headsup signal, that works very spotily. I am going to try to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery as one of the commenters advised and see if that works before taking it in. The only issue with battery disconnection is all of the memory functions as far as seating, radio preferences etc will be reset as well as the clock etc.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
I would suggest turning both response options off, then perform a key cycle and try turning them back on and see if that does it, if not I try a reboot, disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes and see if it resets..
If that doesn;t do it , you may need to get into the dealership and see if something has happen with the programming.
How do you perform a key cycle?
Old July 15th, 2022, 3:46 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Did anyone ever find a fix to this? I have a 2019 Chevy Traverse, that my lane assist beep quit working. thx