Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Last date to order new '08 Tahoes?

Search this Thread

Old February 29th, 2008, 8:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last date to order new '08 Tahoes?

I am planning to order an '08 Tahoe, I'd like to have it delivered in June/July. Can anyone tell me when the factory stops accepting '08 orders? (and also, when the'09 startup is)

I suppose I could wait and order it as an '09, but I'm orderingthe SEO paint code Victory Red and Iknow I can order it as an '08 model.Will that color be continuedin the '09 model year?
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:21 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Last date to order new '08 Tahoes?

The final day that orders for 2008 Tahoe wil be accepted is April 23, 2008 with build ending June 17.
Ordering for 2009 Tahoe will begin May 21.

Victory Red (74) is scheduled to continue to be offered as an SEO options for 09.
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

Just curious...do you know why the Victory Red can be ordered as a retail unit, but yet it's not advertised anywhere in the dealer literature? Is there that small of a demand for red Tahoes?

I had no clue that you could still order them bright red until I happened across an '07 on a website, called the dealer, and they explained it to me. My dealer wouldn't even believe me that they could order them, I had to have the other dealer's sales manager call my dealership and explain how to order that paint code in Dealer World.

Why have the color available, but yet make it basically a "hidden option"?
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Another more general question. I'm ordering the LS since that's the only way to also get the 5T4 option (bumpers painted red instead of gloss black). But I want a center console, not a jumpseat...and I'd also like the Z71 running boards instead of the regular black running boards.

Can I get the center console and Z71 running boards through my dealer, and would they be expensive?
Old February 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GM decided to drop Victory Red from normal production in 2007 models based on the previous years order figures for Victory Red Tahoe's.
However the 2007 Tahoe was being marketed to fire departments and emergency vehicle fleets so 74 Victory Red was retained as an SEO option not intended to be ordered for retail sale.

In 2008 it was decided to add option 5T4 "Victory Red Appearance Package" at the request of many dealers who had customers (some retail, some fleet) demand that the trim parts be painted to match.
The option to order 74 Victory Red paint is a little tricky and can only be accomplished thru QuickOrder, the "Special Paint" icon need first be selected and then the paint code (WA9260 in this case) must be entered manually.

If you are thinking about ordering a 2008 in 74 Red then don't delay, even though build out isn't until April 23rd certain colors and options will become unavailable prior to that date.

The center console and Z71 step bars can be fitted by the dealer, they are very expensive.
Old February 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go ahead and order sometime the first or second week of March; hopefully that will be in time. If I miss the deadline for victory red in the '08 model, would they just hold it as an '09, or would it get rejected and we'd have to reorder the truck?

Any idea on the cost of center console or the Z71 step bars? We do get GMS discount, so that would help some.

Old February 29th, 2008, 8:34 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Probably your best bet on the boards and console is to see if you can roll it into the order just like other dealer accessories. Be advised though that there's not a lot of markup on the accessories but I guess these would fall into the parts category, so you should be able to get 10-15% off retail on them. Bet they'll still be expensive. []
Old March 21st, 2010, 9:41 PM
CF Beginner

Smile How to order Victory Red Suburban

Its now 2010 and some of the rules for special paint might have changed but can any dealer special order a 2010 Victory Red Suburban? (I know that this thread was about Tahoes but I'm guessing that the same rules apply to Suburbans) Or do they have to order several at one time? If they can order just one, what do I need to tell my dealer as to how to go about doing it? If you have to order several at one time, does anyone know of a dealer who orders several, (hopefully in the Southeast, but not necessarily) who could get me one? Thanks!
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Why don't you just ask your dealer? Is it listed as a color in the dealer brochure?
Old March 22nd, 2010, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default Re: How to order Victory Red Suburban

I have asked and asked. He says he can't get one without ordering 10, but these threads seem to imply that you just have to know how to do it and have the right codes, i.e. "My dealer wouldn't even believe me that they could order them, I had to have the other dealer's sales manager call my dealership and explain how to order that paint code in Dealer World."

Quick Reply: Last date to order new '08 Tahoes?