Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Last date to order new '08 Tahoes?

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2010, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes, victory red is available

But it's not an option in the Tahoe/Suburban brochure. I don't think they have to be ordered in groups of 3 (or 5 or 10, whatever). From what I've been told, what happens is that when your order is submitted with a special paint code, GM won't accept and build it until they get a certain number of orders for that particular paint code.

I've talked to a couple dealers that order them in Victory Red - Lynn Smith Chevrolet in Texas was one of them - and they said it's no big deal. The dealer has to go into the order screen, then click on "Quickorder" - and that's where the special paint code is specified. In other words, if your dealer has never done it before, it's probably not apparent to them where to specify the special paint code.

You might want to go to google and search on "victory red tahoe" or "victory red suburban" or "special paint suburban" - you'll probably find a few hits for current '10 models in that color. You could then call the dealership and ask them about it.

I figure worst case scenario - I could always order it from a dealer that does know how to do it, then fly there to pick it up and drive it home!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 8:56 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

this GM dealer only site that's not password protected (lol)

might tell you

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...D=1&regionID=1

Here is the main site:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm
Old June 24th, 2010, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Smile victory red suburban

Thanks so much for both of your helpful replies! I believe that my problem has been solved and my dealer has ordered me one. I'm so excited!
Old June 25th, 2010, 8:00 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

I hope you ordered an 09 or 10... the 6 speed alone is worth the wait...
Old June 27th, 2010, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

Default awesome!

Originally Posted by Clifford
Thanks so much for both of your helpful replies! I believe that my problem has been solved and my dealer has ordered me one. I'm so excited!
That's exciting, glad to hear that you were able to order one! I ended up buying a BMW X5 (in Imola Red, no less) back in the fall of '08. I should have just bit the bullet and ordered a new Tahoe - the BMW is great; but it's not nearly as practical as the Tahoe. Lesson learned I guess.

I'm selling it in the summer of '11, when my loan is almost paid off - then it's back to a Tahoe for me.