Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Leather Inteior

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather Inteior

I was thinking about upgrading my cloth interior to leather and was wondering if anybody has upgraded their own or what the best way to do it
Old July 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Leather Inteior

Katskin makes great leather seat covers.
You can also sometimes find leather OEM leather seat covers that were removed for whatever reason at online auction sites.

Installing the leather is not easy and it normally takes most all day to complete an entire interior, If your time is valuable and/or you want it to look it's best you should consider having it professionally installed.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 2:51 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most aftermarket kits are available in two kits. One is usually an economy kit (which most dealers and retailers install due to cost) and the other is an deluxe. Here's the difference

Econo:
Front Row: Full Leather on seating surface, vinyl on headrest, armrest and backing
Second Row: All vinyl except the middle inserts (back and butt)
3rd Row: All vinyl

Deluxe:
Front Row: Same as econo
Second Row: Full leather on seating surface, vinyl on headrest, armrest, and backing
3rd Row: All Vinyl

There are some exceptions to the rules. Some companies will put leather inserts on the 3rd row in the deluxe kit. All leather and no vinyl kits are available, but thefull leather cover are harder to work with, take more time, and are easily torn or ripped during the installation process.

We sell only full leather kits, no econo, no deluxe, because in my opinion if your asking for leather seats than you should get leather seats not vinyl.
Katzkin, Roadwire, and TrimMasters (Bartlett) are the most common leather suppliers in the aftermarket kits.

I've chosen to go with Katzkin in the wifes tahoe which was ordered Friday and for full leather, two-tone,perforated suede inserts,contrast stitching,logos in headrest, seat heaters, and pre-wired for the a/c seating will run me close to 1400. add labor and retailers profit and your looking about in the 2100-2500 range. Dearlers in our are charge 1295 for a 3row installed but this is the econo kit.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you just want leather like comes from the factory, then you could search for a wrecked vehicle the same model and color as yours with good leather seats and buy the complete set of seats and install them. If you can sell your seats, it will offset some of the cost. If you want something unique or exotic, then that won't work.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 8:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for your responses. now i just need to figure out what way to go since i do have the ability to cover the seats myself
Old July 25th, 2007, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

what color are you looking for dirk? i am going to try to get the two tone seats like the ones in the z71 package but if katzkins can't stitch in the different color inserts i may have to get the whole seat done and would have the factory leather to get rid of. they are ebony. anyone know if they can stitch the seat covers i have? or will i have to order complete covers?
Old July 25th, 2007, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

If you are looking at selling your ebony leather interior, let me know?