Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LED conversion

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2018, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED conversion

Hello,

2007 Suburban 1500.... I am looking to replace my entire headlight assemblies due to fading. Since I am pulling them apart I'd like to replace all the bulbs with LEDs for better brightness. While researching I have found many H11 bulbs that appear to have a clearance issue when installing in the suburban. Do you have a recommendation that will not have this clearance issue?

Any recommendations on the headlight assembly itself? I like to keep it stock in appearance.

THanks in advance!
Old March 15th, 2018, 11:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are your headlights fading from the inside or outside? I see what looks like fading on mine, but it appears to be more from heat from the inside than sunlight. Especially given that it's lived in a parking garage for most of it's daylight life.

Anyway, I replaced my fog lights w/LED, and although the lights were super bright, they never lit the road as well as the OEM bulbs did. I went back to the original old school lights. For lights, of any type, to work correctly, the housing must support them. I've never liked the bling look of some of the after market ones, and they seems to either blind other drivers or not give enough light...

your call, but I found the OEM lights on the 07+ are pretty good stock.
Old March 15th, 2018, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Here is what they look like. Maybe going with better halogen bulbs might be the answer. My brights are fine I was just trying to get better output on the low beams...

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Are your headlights fading from the inside or outside? I see what looks like fading on mine, but it appears to be more from heat from the inside than sunlight. Especially given that it's lived in a parking garage for most of it's daylight life.

Anyway, I replaced my fog lights w/LED, and although the lights were super bright, they never lit the road as well as the OEM bulbs did. I went back to the original old school lights. For lights, of any type, to work correctly, the housing must support them. I've never liked the bling look of some of the after market ones, and they seems to either blind other drivers or not give enough light...

your call, but I found the OEM lights on the 07+ are pretty good stock.
Attached Thumbnails LED conversion-img_20180315_113116.jpg  
Old March 15th, 2018, 11:53 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd think you could buff that out. Mine have halos right in-front of the bulb.
Old March 27th, 2018, 8:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad F
I am looking to replace my entire headlight assemblies due to fading.

Any recommendations on the headlight assembly itself? I like to keep it stock in appearance.
Hey Chad,
If you do not want to experiment with the LED upgrades, you may just pick a set of Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. From my experience, this is one of the best halogen headlight bulb options available today. Below is the link to these bulbs foe the '07 Suburban.
Sylvania Headlight Bulbs at CARiD
Now, as for the headlight assembly recommendations. If you want to stick to the OE appearance, there are pretty much 2 options we suggest. You can pick OE-style headlights (you will need to pick passenger's and driver's side separately). They are made not by GM, yet feature exactly the same appearance and connectors. Check out this link to view the options.
There is another alternative for you. If everything is fine with the stock lights except of the lenses, you can pick a set of Euro headlights. These come without bulbs and wiring, so you pretty much re-use what you've got from stock. Here is the link to view these headlights. Here you see the price for pair, and pretty much get the new headlight shells.
Hope this info will be helpful for you.
Feel free to contact us if you have got any questions.
Old June 7th, 2022, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Maybe I can help you out a bit. I have some basic T12 fixtures in my basement that were here when we bought the house, and after some issues with the ballasts, I plan on just taking the ballasts out and replacing the tubes with LED tubes instead. I don't know if they will be of any help, but I will gladly give them to you if you still need them. I found online some explosion proof LED flood lights, and they seemed so cool. I have to talk with someone to see if they would be good for my basement and If so, I am getting them as soon as possible.

Last edited by sasagrey; June 9th, 2022 at 8:15 AM.
Old June 7th, 2022, 7:53 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

Newbie tip, check the date of the post you reply to. Lots of folks do a one and done and never come back to let us know what worked or the solution was.
Many are from a long time ago.