Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LED's

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2007, 6:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED's

I wanted to add LED's under the side view mirrors so that when I unlocked my car it was a whiter color instead of the yellow color it is now. Is there anyone that sells a conversion like this?

Also, I wanted to add LED's to the rear license plate lights. Is there anyone that sells a conversion for this as well?
Old December 2nd, 2007, 6:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LED's

For the License Plate Lamps, I've tried several different types of Type 194/168 (interchangable) LED bulbs
and settled on this one because it was the brightest:
Go to this link:
http://frickinbrite.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=141

Plug and play and the lenses are quick to remove. The bulbs are polarized, so check it before screwing the covers back on. These are superbright and really add a slight whiteish blue hue back there.

Here's another tip, this LED bulb panel fits perfectly inside the puddle lamps under
the mirrors at $12.99 ea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280165191577

You have to take a screw driver, pry out the entire white bulb case. It will pop out of the bottom of the mirrors and you can unplug the wire. Then you will have to pop off the diffuser lens which are glued on. Put this flat LED panel into it and reglue the lens back on. Then you can slip the whole assembly back into the mirror. However these are polarized so check the polarity before popping it back in.

I haven't done any interior conversion yet but I'm sure the bulbs are available at vleds or superbrightleds.com.

For backup bulbs (7443) I tried several LED's but they weren't bright enough to be actually useful in backing up, so I chose function over form and went with PIAAs Xtreme White bulbs here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAA-...spagenameZWDVW
Old December 2nd, 2007, 6:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LED's

nice I appreciate the help.....do you have any pics of these led's on your ride? I bet it looks pretty sweet!