Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Left Signal not working

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2007, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Signal not working

I have a 1999 Tahoe, and recently the left rear signal isnt working. I thought it was a bulb, because when I try the left signal, the flasher clicks really fast like a bulb is out, so I replaced it, and it still doesnt work. The right signals are fine as well as the front left. I thought maybe the flasher was bad, so I replaced that too and still doesnt work. Can someone please help. Thanks.
Old January 20th, 2007, 7:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Left Signal not working

Make sure it's the right bulb and try another. Check the contacts in the socket to make sure they are clean and making a good connection. Make sure the wiring is in good shape.
Old January 20th, 2007, 8:17 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Check the voltage at both contacts with turn signal flashing. You didn't mention if the left rear taillite and brake lite work. I don't know if either are used for the turn signal but if they are and they work, then you've isolated the problem to the turn signal system and not the bulb/socket.
Old January 21st, 2007, 1:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gamato

I have a 1999 Tahoe, and recently the left rear signal isnt working. I thought it was a bulb, because when I try the left signal, the flasher clicks really fast like a bulb is out, so I replaced it, and it still doesnt work. The right signals are fine as well as the front left. I thought maybe the flasher was bad, so I replaced that too and still doesnt work. Can someone please help. Thanks.
Take the good bulb that does work for sure and switch sides to be sure its not a bad bulb or incorrect side