Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Let's talk about voiding that 100k/5 yr warranty

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2007, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk about voiding that 100k/5 yr warranty

Hey all. New to the site and a new owner of a 07 Southern Comfort Tahoe (I will take pictures soon).

So my hoe is pretty much setup (wheels, body kit, etc) but I'd like to do just a few more things to it and be done. One of those mods in question is changing to the K&N Air charger kit (http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=63-3058) . As you can see, the hp gains seem to be a bit impressive (I'll be my own judge)

However, before I go and spend the money I'd like to question if this will break my warranty or not?

Old March 30th, 2007, 12:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Let's talk about voiding that 100k/5 yr warranty

This is what will be covered.. If you change the air filter in the tahoe and for some reason you have engine problems and THEY SEE the after market type your DOWN.. so keep the orgional and put it in when you take it in for service.. MARIE
Old March 30th, 2007, 1:59 AM
CF Senior Member

Not true, ZX posted something about this before where GM is O.K. with aftermarket air filters.

Found his quote.

The aftermarket oiled filters will not void any GM factory warranty but GM cautions against their usage as they have been known to negatively impact the performance of the MAF sensor.
If you look under your hood of your new 2007 Tahoe you will immediately notice that the intake track in this Vortec V8 is much straighter and larger then previous engines, this is done to enhance the efficiency of the intake system by providing increased air-flow with less restriction, precisely the same thing that aftermarket air intake systems are designed to do.

Most factory systems are now very good so the after market system benefit is much less apparent, you'll notice that now most aftermarket systems concentrate more on appearance and less on power or economy gains in their ad's or packaging.
Old March 30th, 2007, 2:43 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Ask them at what rpm level you have to spin your 5.3 to get those hp gains. Most of the graphs I've seen for CAIs show the extra hp at fairly high rpms.
Old March 30th, 2007, 1:40 PM
CF Active Member

Hmmmm
I say you just slam on a supercharger and use jet fuel!