Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Loss of power 5.7l vortec

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2016, 4:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of power 5.7l vortec

Soooo, been having issues with my burb lately

1997 K2500 4x4 5.7l vortec 4L80 (321k miles)

I've been getting all sorts of wacky codes, O2 sensors not reading (P0151 or something like that) also a lean condition on bank 2 (P0174)

Installed a new fuel pump a few months ago before the problems arose, no connection with this. She died on the way home from work and has been fine up til now. But first thing in the morning my truck is amazing, runs like an animal until warm and I could hardly pull my camper.....engine screaming but not really going anywhere. The mountain I pull to go to Lexington, VA I can usually climb in 2nd gear at 55mph. I was in second and could hardly break 35mph. She's heavy, about 8200lbs, but never given the old burb much fuss til recently. The 4L80 is pulling and locking up great too.

I have a scanner on my phone and my new codes are "O2 sensor no data" and the dials are sitting still on two of them I believe on bank 2, and when I accelerate my vacuum goes from 23 to .7 in a split second

I'm leaning toward clogged cats, but any help would be appreciated. I think I'm going to gut them regardless as we don't have emissions here. Fuel pressure is good on the new pump. Just looking for someone who might have some other areas I should check.
Old November 4th, 2016, 5:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, when its warm and I start the truck I have confirmed that the computer is telling the fuel system to dump 50% into bank 2 while bank one is purring happily with no codes at about 10%.