Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Lowering 97 chevy suburban

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2022, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering 97 chevy suburban

Hey , this is my first post on the forum I've been looking for a while now ,how to lower my 97 Chevy k1500 suburban, It currently sits on 24's with lowering shackles and torsion key adjusters removed but I want it to ride lower , I cant seem to find lowering knuckles for a 4wd 97 Chevy suburban , one guy even told me they don't make them , is this true? . (I know I could get lower with something smaller than 24's ,but I like the look , there's about 4 inches of clearance between the front fender lip and the tire , and the rear has about 3 . (is this too little ) , also front end has 1/4 inch spacers as tires were making contact with front of lower control arm under hard turns ( spacers solved the problem). Any suggestions for me , she's an old truck in my family for 10 plus years and mine for almost 3 months now , brand new front end suspension rear cylinders and breaks , New transferase (junkyard new ) I've done a lot of work on it but for a vehicle with 238 thousand miles running smooth (original trans and motor) who just completed a 1400 mile drive I think its worth it .
Photo is an old photo from when i first purchased from family , used to ride on 33" by 12" mud n snow with a 15 inch rim (front and rear end not lowered at all in this photo)
Attached Files
File Type: html
Photo - Google Photos.html (652.8 KB, 32 views)