Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Lowering with Autoride

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2007, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering with Autoride

Hello everyone,
I just purchased a 07 LTZ and like all was disgusted with its rear in the air. So to handle this I went with the folks over at DJM. I purchased the 2/3 kit and installed it today. The front dropped like it was supposed to but he rear is up in the air more than ever now. It appears that the auto ride is keeping the bags inflated. I've looked around to see if there was some sort of reset procedure but have found nothing. I've read on a post prior that some "bending" of the sensor arms are required?? Odd that DJM would not enclose a set of properly modified sensor arms. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, I may have to resort to making a set of new sensor arms.....ugh R&D what does that mean???
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Default RE: Lowering with Autoride

Can you just bend them effectively shortening them? Recall another post where someone got a kit that had new, shorter sensor arms.
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:20 AM
CF Beginner

I may have to resort to doing just that. Going to disconect them first and move them manually to see where exactly they sensor begins to tell the air pump when to start leveling the vehicle. I'll keep you posted.
Old June 1st, 2007, 1:19 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was a member that put a McGaughy's on his Friends 2007 Denali. He ran into the rear height issue. I actually think he over bent them and it sat to low.

I am 99.9% sure you need to bend yours to get that azz end down.
Old June 1st, 2007, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so here's the fix. When lowering the "Autoride" you do in fact have to modify the two height sensor arms. I tried bending one and it was about as backyard as you could get, so I got a new one from the dealer. What I ended up doing was figuring out the % I dropped the vehicle wich was 22% of normal ride height. Than I cut 22% off of the two sensor arms. This is @ 1 inch off of the arms. To do this remove one of the plastic sockets off of an end and cut back 1 inch, make sure to leave the fat part of the metal shaft. Add some glue and press it back on. Test drove the vehicle no warnings, added weight to make the pump come on i.e. @ 900lbs and the compressor came on to level the ride. Get to lowering those LTZ's

P.S. The lowering kits for the LT's will work for the LTZ's.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

How's the ride now? Let's see some pics.
Old June 4th, 2007, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

The ride is great I had some pics but the files are to large 1.3megs lol. Right now I'm putting the exhaust on and about to do another dyno before the installation of the headers. After I finish I will get some pics up for ya.