Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

magnacharged 5.3L suburban with p0304 codes...

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2014, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnacharged 5.3L suburban with p0304 codes...

Hey everybody. I have a unusual group of questions about guess what on a 07 ltz suburban.

Misfire codes, p0304 to be exact
Stabiltrack, traction control and service suspension codes.
Limp mode...and the winning question. How does a magnaflow supercharger,tuned ecu/TCU with cylinder deactivat turned off(always in v8 mode)and 140,000 miles affect what I see on my scanner?

To hopefully shorten the story. Got my tank siphoned nearly dry. Limped a block to a station got a 20 of 87. Supercharger hates less than 91 and it threw a misfire on 4. Running a bit rough so I cleared it and then all the rest of the lights came on. Figured limp mode because of the check engine light but no limping at all..
So this played back and forth a few times with lights for stability and traction coming on and the number four misfire light. Ran the tank close to the light and refilled with good 91 and started driving home on a 600 mile roadie home. Now we are home and I hear a light intermittent thunk in the motor at idle. Not a ping..its deeper sounding than that. If you put your hand on the blower you can feel it. Ideas? The thunking Just happened, we just got home, I just started researching it but the problem I keep running into is the blower and the tuned ecu. Tomorrow the plugs are coming out and checked, I have a gauge for comp testing but due to the nature of the 07 5.3L's is there anything else I should be looking at directly because of the magna charger? This was a very well maintained suburban when we bought it and have had zero problems until today. The part I worry about theost is a high milage baisicly stock motor with a blower on it is now running rougher than usual and throwing misfire code on one cylinder repeatedly and making a noise I don't like. Actually I would love it to be just a bent pushrod..lol. I whish I could have got the build sheet or pile of receipts, whatever for the engine. I don't like not knowing what's spinning in there like if the cam has been replaced too or not. Stuff I mean to start finding out tomorrow! But any help you guys could throw my way with a experienced eye for the forced inducted will be massively helpful.

Even if it means I'm ordering a long block in the end.

Last edited by tirerob; December 20th, 2014 at 11:25 PM.