Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Map disk compatibility

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2007, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map disk compatibility

Hi all,

I have a 2007 Denali with bose / DVD over head screen and no navigation. and I just bought a new navigation head unit from ebay but its with a US/Canada map disk. I called the dealer to see if he can provide me Asia map disk, but the guy said they only provide nav. system with Escalade and I can have its map disk instead and he wasnt sure if it will work with my oem nav. unit. will that DVD disk work with the US nav. unit I just bought? are all 2007 GM nav. units are basically the same??

Also, I went to a local shop who does all sort of car navigation systems just to check if they have any information, and he told a very interesting peace of information, he told me that any OEM navigation system is basically a well known GPS software made by either Garmin, Kenwood, Pioneer .. etc. and he showed me that the Mercedes units has Garmin software and they simply load them with Garmin map CDs. and he asked me to check the GM units and find out which GPS software they are using and then he can get me the right software. is that true??? and if yes, what GPS software does GM use??

Please help me with that, I am already frustrated !! [&o][&o][&o]

Hamad
Old April 5th, 2007, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Map disk compatibility

where are all the experts around here??? there must someone got the answer, right?
Old April 5th, 2007, 9:53 PM
CF Active Member

well here's the thing, the north america nav # for escalade is different than the tahoe and denali. therefore I think that the escalade disc will not work. what the difference is I have no clue, although they must be different numbers for a reason. Possibly a different format to work with the bigger screen on the cadillac nav. One more thing. I have an LT3 tahoe. Just put a nav unit into it which i also bought on ebay. Everything works except for the voice recoginition. I work at a dealership so i checked it out and found that the voice recognition wires going from the radio to the onstar vcim are not there. Can you let me know if the denali voice recognition works with the nav upgrade. thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/1535/66A5026C4D2940508E704417C2FF2ED2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1535/A9F8D42241784EF2B1EB3F5EB49AE2E7.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 5th, 2007, 9:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

viper,
the denali should be prewired for voice recognition, I THINK!You can contact jpcustoms and they will give you a premade harness, wires, and pins to finish the voice recognition install.