Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Mcguaghy 2/3 autoride problems

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Mcguaghy 2/3 autoride problems

Hey,

Lowered my 07 tahoe LTZ with autoride yesterday and im having all kinds of problems.
When i turn all the way to the right or left, i feel a bump or knock and my truck displays "service suspension" on the dash when i start it up. When installing the kit i couldnt tighten the Upper Control arm nut all the way because the nut is reccessed in the spindle. So im thinking that may be the reason for the knock, but the service codes im kinda stumped. Also have anyone experienced the "ABS light" or Traction Control" light coming on when braking. Im just really stumped and my wife is furious over the install. Im wondering if i should buy new UCA and rear air linkage rods to return it to stock. If not could some one please share there wisdom with me. Thanks in advance.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Might call the vendor for suggestions. Their kit shouldn't cause problems if installed correctly. Maybe they can point you in the right direction.
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Yup. Im going to call Mcgaughy tommorow and see what they say. Thanks
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:56 PM
dre
CF Junior Member

Cool

hey i used ground force with the same set up (2/3 drop) I had a professional install however have the same issue with the ABS and stabilatrack light on the dashboard staying on.........I have no clue whats the problem.... the truck drives and performs great no issue so far about 10k miles on the kit. doesn t bother me much cuz i rarely use the truck 2007 wit 14k......
Old March 8th, 2009, 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

Hey! I had the same problem, see my thread: https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...ht=tahoe+light

Basically when the guy installed the lowering kit he tore the rear abs wire... the dealer fixed it in an hour... might want to check the wiring in the rear since this seems like were all having problems with abs/ suspension error codes once we lower them.