Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Memory seats will not set on entry (maybe key fob issue)

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2020, 1:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Memory seats will not set on entry (maybe key fob issue)

Hi

Have a 2020 Suburban Premier, when i exit the truck the seats move to exit, however if i unlock the door with the keyfob, i assume once i am in and started they seats should move back to the memory as dictated by the key? mine do not, so how do i find out what keyfob i have?

Last, the mirrors never fold on locking, i have to press and hold the lock button, is this normal?
Old March 9th, 2020, 7:38 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 167 Likes on 154 Posts

Re read the manual. There are personalizing options. On my GM fleet memory is set to the fob in the vehicle as far as seat settings. It's new, take it in and let sales or service explain it, you spent a lot of money let them earn theirs.
Old March 9th, 2020, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

I understand your idea, however i dont want to drive 60k to have someone tell me when i can read it from the internet from others who have had the same issues.
Old March 9th, 2020, 6:11 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SFX Group
I understand your idea, however i dont want to drive 60k to have someone tell me when i can read it from the internet from others who have had the same issues.
This is clearly an RTFM issue, because it's so much easier to have other people do the work, than for you to look it up and you have the information right at your fingertips?

Hi

Have a 2020 Suburban Premier, when i exit the truck the seats move to exit, however if i unlock the door with the keyfob, i assume once i am in and started they seats should move back to the memory as dictated by the key? mine do not, so how do i find out what keyfob i have?
Start reading your owners manual at page 50.

Last, the mirrors never fold on locking, i have to press and hold the lock button, is this normal?
Read page 38 of your owners manual.
Old March 10th, 2020, 12:25 AM
CF Beginner

I should start telling people to read manuals instead of helping in forums, actualy might as well delete the forum as clearly the manual covers everything and everything works. Can see why this forum is dead now.... What makes you think ive not read it?

Looks like the mistake was thinking other owners knew about any possible issues and would offer some insight if they saw the same problem. I hjave no idea what happened to people, forums were not this unhelpful when i ran them 20-25 years ago !!!

Last edited by SFX Group; March 10th, 2020 at 12:27 AM.
Old March 10th, 2020, 3:58 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I should start telling people to read manuals instead of helping in forums, actualy might as well delete the forum as clearly the manual covers everything and everything works. Can see why this forum is dead now.... What makes you think ive not read it?

Looks like the mistake was thinking other owners knew about any possible issues and would offer some insight if they saw the same problem. I hjave no idea what happened to people, forums were not this unhelpful when i ran them 20-25 years ago !!!
You're thinking your Suburban is broken, or "has issues," when in actuality it's doing exactly what it's designed to do.

Your first "issue," you say the auto recall is not working on the memory seats.

...when i exit the truck the seats move to exit, however if i unlock the door with the keyfob, i assume once i am in and started they seats should move back to the memory as dictated by the key? mine do not, so how do i find out what keyfob i have?
The owner's manual states,

"If the RKE transmitter is 1 or
2, and Auto Memory Recall is
enabled in vehicle personalization,
the positions saved to the same
memory button number 1 or 2 are
automatically recalled when the
vehicle is turned on, or turned from
off to ACC/ACCESSORY"

This seems to pretty much address your first "issue." The seat setting won't be recalled by using 'unlock' on the key fob, but when you press the ignition button. If yours aren't moving, then you need to enable the function, as described in the manual.

Page 158 in the manual explains how to turn this function off or on from the personalization menu:

"Auto Memory Recall
This feature automatically recalls
the previously stored 1 or 2 button
positions when the ignition is
changed from off to on or ACC/
ACCESSORY. See Memory Seats
pg 50.
Select Off or On."

Your second "issue,"
The manual states:

"Remote Mirror Folding
If equipped, press and hold Q on
the RKE transmitter for
approximately one second to
automatically fold the exterior
mirrors. Press and hold K on the
RKE transmitter for approximately
one second to unfold. See Remote
Keyless Entry (RKE) System
Operation (Key Access) pg 13 or
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
System Operation (Keyless Access)
pg 16.
This feature is turned on or off
through vehicle personalization. See
Vehicle Personalization pg 154."

So yes, having to press and hold the lock botton is normal, as described in the owners manual.

Your second reply had a snarky tone to it. Hence the snark in my reply.

The following 2 users liked this post by intheburbs:
repairman54 (March 14th, 2020), Silverfox103 (March 10th, 2020)