Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Menu, fav, and info button not working

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2014, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Menu, fav, and info button not working

I just bought a 2010 tahoe. I'm having problems with three buttons ; menu, favorites and the info button. It works sporadically. I notice it will stop working after I use my iPhone on the mp3 reader or DVD player. If I press the buttons a few times it starts working again. The dealer said it would be $500 to replace the oem unit. Any suggestions?
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:28 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try ebay for a unit. not hard to replace. plug and play
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Joonyi
I just bought a 2010 tahoe. I'm having problems with three buttons ; menu, favorites and the info button. It works sporadically. I notice it will stop working after I use my iPhone on the mp3 reader or DVD player. If I press the buttons a few times it starts working again. The dealer said it would be $500 to replace the oem unit. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum...
You could try "rebooting" everything... disconnect the battery for several minutes and see if it resolves the issues... if not I would suspect something is up with the radio....
You might also try a different interface cable from your pod/mp3 player, some cheap cables can allow interference or be poorly assembled and cause strange things to happen...