Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Microsoft SYNC

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2012 | 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

I spent a lot of time going over the ford/chevy pros and cons before I bought my Tahoe Z71. I bought it with the intention of ripping out the onstar garbage and replacing it with the Sync. Sorry GM, but I'm not paying for "your" onstar service when I can sync my cell phone seemlessly and use what I already have...
Old May 3rd, 2012 | 8:01 AM
Official GM Rep

DarthCalvin,
Congratulations on your Tahoe Z71! I hope it is a great vehicle for you! If we can ever answer any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch here on the forum.
Best,
Sarah (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 3rd, 2012 | 8:12 AM
CF Addict

Default lol

what an old thread! but wow. Ford had GM beat in tech way back in 2008, 2009, and here we are in 2012 and GM STILL sucks at tech.

I recall GM adding a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) to store MP3s on the head unit in 2010 to their headunits... and berating them since Chrysler (a company not really known to be on the cutting edge)... did that back in 2006!!! (MyGig) Hey I know.. let's build what they made four years ago... that's what the target demographic of the Tahoe wants... to store mp3s on their head unit hard drive... morons.

Well, it's happened, the My Ford Touch is now available on the 2013 F-150, but not the raptor yet (that I know of)...

So, come 2013 auto show, it will be time to play!

They (ford) improved response times and usability across all MyFord Touches.

The F-150 version even includes big manly ***** so you can operate it with gloves on... since it's a TRUCK. How genius us that?!

I'll do a video of everything that's wrong w/the GM headunit sometime when I have a free 30 minutes... because there is at least that much wrong.