Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Middle seat between the two captain chairs , 2nd raw

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2017, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle seat between the two captain chairs , 2nd raw

hello, we are very interested in the suburban and want to buy the 2018 model, however the interior configuration is something I'm struggling with: I'm very interested to go with captain chairs on the second raw but would also like the option to add 3rd seat between them if I need to ( narrower seat, like I have in my current Honda Oddesey minivan - see here example: https://goo.gl/images/Cd1sEj) I talked with few dealers and they told me this option is not available. I asked about after market installation and they could not give me clear answer. I'm assuming other had similar questions before but I could not find it in the forum. Any help will be much appreciated ! Thanhs !
Old September 8th, 2017, 11:40 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

It's very unlikely you'll find anything in the aftermarket. The requirements/specifications/crash-testing, as well as the potential liability due to accident/injury, are just too steep a cost for someone to make an aftermarket middle seat.

You can have a bench middle row, or the captains chairs. 7 or 8 passenger. But not both.
Old September 8th, 2017, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes... that was what I've been told...