Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Miserable satellite radio reception

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2017, 1:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Miserable satellite radio reception

This is my 3rd new vehicle with satellite radio and I have never seen such poor reception. My 2012 Ram and 2015 Jeep both rarely lost reception unless it was storming really bad or I was under something. My 2017 'Burb loses reception all the time and in broad daylight with no obstructions. Not just a little blip, mind you, but complete signal loss of 10-60 seconds. Anyone else see this kind of signal loss on their 'Burb?
Old October 6th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I would suspect something in the antenna connection path. Not sure where the antenna is located on the current body style but on the previous one it was located under the dash.
Old November 21st, 2017, 12:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Just thought I'd update this post with some info. Truck was into the dealer this morning for its 1st oil change. I mentioned to the service advisor that I was having issues with satellite radio reception and if maybe the tech could check it out. The SA came back a half hour later to tell me that they had found a service bulletin on the vehicle for antenna leaks and that they were going to replace the antenna for free. He said they found some water in there and that it could be shorting the antenna out and causing my reception issues. If you are having similar issues I suggest a visit to your dealer and ask them about this service bulletin. I'll know if it fixed the problem later this week when I hit the interstate.
Old November 28th, 2017, 5:45 PM
CF Junior Member

UPDATE: the antenna fix did not solve my reception issues as I lose signal in the same places as before. Has to be an issue with the vehicle itself as my 2 previous vehicles with Sirius had no issues with signal loss and I am still living near and driving the same streets. It is so bad that I will not be renewing my Sirius when it expires.