Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

My Challenge to the great minds here...

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2007, 2:29 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Challenge to the great minds here...

find a way to turn that damn TV on without breaking my shoulder to reach in back and press power on the remote. I'm thinking some sort of aftermarket IR remote I can take apart and place the transmitter near the TV receiver and route a wire to a single button somewhere. Even under the dash or in the flip up console. Any ideas?
Old March 9th, 2007, 2:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My Challenge to the great minds here...

What you need is an IR repeater. I used keywords "IR repeater +car" on google and found this site. I've not used this in my car personally, but it looks promising. You'll need to be able to wire it to 12v DC power source, preferrably switched DC power, like the one your TV is connected to. Then,find a convenient place for the repeater's receiving end, like top of your dash or in the headliner near the mirror. The other end, (i.e., the transmitter)can be placed somewhere in line-of-sight of your TV's IR sensor.

http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...ctCode=COM-010