Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

My factory radio went dim yesterday but then was back on when I restarted..

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2008, 8:25 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My factory radio went dim yesterday but then was back on when I restarted..

I started it up in the morning while we were on a hockey trip to Davenport, IA and the music and all functions were there but the screen was blank. I turned it off and on but nothing helped. I was thinking I had inadvertantly touched something but wasn't sure. Anyway, I came back out from hockey arena and was going to hook up the laptop to the cell phone and get on here and post about it but when I started the engine it was back on. Nothing like it since. Did I touch something or is it on its way out?

It's the factory radio with rear DVD and XM. 2007 Tahoe.

Thanks... G..
Old March 17th, 2008, 9:23 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: My factory radio went dim yesterday but then was back on when I restarted..

I had an occurrence where I had no sounds from anything. After sitting for about eight hours and restarting, it was OK.
Old March 18th, 2008, 1:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My factory radio went dim yesterday but then was back on when I restarted..

You didn't have the lights on did you?
In certain conditions the Autolamps can activate and if the small IP dimmerknob is in a dim setting the radio display will appear very dim in daylight.

The Autolamps can activate in the daytime in the early and late twighlight hours when the sun is not overhead or if you are parked in a garage or under some shade.