Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

My Tale of 'Not-a-Tahoe'

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make them attach the hitch cover correctly so you can use it like it as designed. They probably assumed you do not tow and that you would never notice.
Old November 5th, 2011, 2:41 PM
Damien0869

WOW....I think I just received my Saturday am "Shock & Awe" ....
Did I read correctly, that SabrToothSqrl misses his Tahoe>?<
This thread is a keeper for when SabrToothSqrl gets his beast back and it acts up again, he can refer back to this and say, "okay it's not that bad after all" lol

Good read SabrToothSqrl THANKS!

DAMien
Old November 6th, 2011, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No kidding...

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I don't care if some new car used no gas at all. I'll stick with my 6,000 lb tank! at least I'll survive the accident.
I'd been thinking for some time about trading my '93 Suburban for the usual reasons...don't really tow with it that much, kid about to graduate from high school so no need to haul her and friends plus band instruments. Maybe a smaller sedan, make it an all-Mercedes household. But I just wanted to watch the burban's odometer turn over to 200K before sending it down the road.

Then I got rear-ended. In the Suburban? Of course not! Damn thing was in the shop having the ignition lock cylinder replaced. I was in my daughter's little C280...a miniature tank itself. The Mazda that hit me was totaled, though the driver was unhurt. The Benz needed the bumper repainted, the trunk pan straightened and a new muffler. I wasn't in such good shape. Spent the evening in the ER being x-rayed and fitted with a horse collar plus weeks of physical therapy.

So when the time came, I bought another Suburban--a 3/4 ton. Next time I get rammed by some tailgater, I'll be sitting on leather cushions in climate-controlled comfort asking myself "What was that bump?" While the person who hits me is spitting out teeth.

1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL (Wife's)
1998 Mercedes Benz S420 (Wife's)
1995 Mercedes Benz C280 (Daughter's)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 3LT (MINE!)
Old November 7th, 2011, 7:32 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default autoblog

saw photos on autoblog from a range rover that hit a wall at 120... it was fairly messed up.

on the other side of that wall was a normal car. which...was ROYALLY F*D up...

I'll try to find the link.

My next one is a range... I like the looks, the power, and the fact that unlike a BMW not everyone knows you just dropped 80 large on a SUV.
Old November 7th, 2011, 1:01 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Might want to check the reliability history on RRs. I've heard it has a checker past. May be OK now tho.
Old November 7th, 2011, 1:09 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lease

No worries, I intend to lease it. No one in their right mind would buy one
Old November 21st, 2011, 5:47 AM
CF Beginner

I have a '99 Suburban that's at regular height and was rear ended by a then brand new (2009) Accord. Them-hood, bumper,rad support and rad. Me- scratched hitch and broken trailer wire harness. 2nd hit, a Kia Sedona mini van backed into my full brushgard and had to replace rear hatch, tail lite and rear fascia cover. I had scratches. Never again will I buy a car.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:55 AM
CF Senior Member

If you get a rr. You may have a sight all to yourself. Lol

I am on my 3rd nbs, 5th for the family. I miss the metal bumpers and had a problem with the battery charging in the first one. Other than that
These things are great and run like champs.
Fast smooth braking and quiet.