Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Nav Screen Dim

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2012, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Screen Dim

Is there any way to increase the visibility of my 2012 Tahoe's navigation/information screen? It seems awfully dark most all the time. I can hardly see it from the driver's seat.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Guardian
Is there any way to increase the visibility of my 2012 Tahoe's navigation/information screen? It seems awfully dark most all the time. I can hardly see it from the driver's seat.

Thanks for any suggestions.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Guardian,

To change the displace brightness:

Press MENU to enter the Config setup menu features. Turn the Multifunction **** until the Display feature displays. Press the Multifunction **** or press the Display screen button to display the other options.

Dimming Mode

Auto (Automatic): Automatically adjust the screen background depending on exterior lighting conditions.

Day: The map background brightens.

Night: The map background darkens.

To change the overall brightness setting for the display, use the vehicle interior lighting dimming control.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 2nd, 2012, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks, but I tried all this per the owner's manual. Still doesn't fix it. It sure washes out in bright or even partial sunlight.

Thanks for all the information.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 9:38 AM
CF Junior Member

The navigation screen can be hard to see with direct sunlight on it but should be bright enough at other times. The brightness is also controlled by the little pop out dash lights dimmer switch to the left of the steering column. Make sure this is at full brightness.