Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Nav screen light

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2007, 5:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav screen light

Is there any way to turn down the backlighting on the nav screen or change the color?
I know that it will dim slightly together with the instrument panel light, but in the dark I see no other option that to turn the screen off, as it is a pain in the b... But that prevents me from turning off the unit, as it will then turn to the rather bright blue screen with the clock gain. So screen off + mute is the workable solution, or?

I was thinking that maybe the programming could solve it?

Also, my tech tells me that he cannot program the unit into DVD region 2 (live in Denmark), as it is "greyed out" on the list. Anybody with second opinion on that?
Old December 22nd, 2007, 5:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Nav screen light

Sorry, 2007 Avalanche (get more response in Tahoe forum)
Old December 23rd, 2007, 8:46 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can turn the screen off all together and still have music playing through the radio by pushing the menu button, then press Display, then choose Display off. I believe you can still change the channel with the steering wheel controls and keep the screen off. To turn it back on, touch any button on the unit to turn it back on. You can also adjust how bright the screen is when the headlights turn on by pressing display, then Brightness. As far as the region is concerned. The only way i know around that is to copy a dvd with the region setting off.
Old December 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your reply, which I was already aware of (from my post).
However, on a $ 40K vehicle it shouldn't be neccessary to turn off the screen, in order to maintain a decent night vision. How would you then use the navigation? I wonder if Denso ever rode the cars themselves at night.
Also, copying/cracking the code is not what I am seeking. I know that region 2 is in the menu for the nav system (Tech 2 program). But according to my garageit is not possible to select it. Does anybody know if the region code is fixed to the VIN# --> market vehicle was sold on?