Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

NAV video out question

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2007, 6:24 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NAV video out question

(This is probably a question for ZX or GMgeek or anyone out there with Tech2/SPS & NAV programming experience)

I have a 66 unit NAV installed with rear camera & GMlockpik. I recently installed the GM headrest DVD's and wanted to run video out from the 66 head unit to the DVD headrest units so I could have all three display the same video (sourced from the NAV DVD player) with audio running native from the NAV unit (instead of using the FM modulator from the Headrest DVDs).

The 66 unit was new in box, so when I installed it I never had to enable it via Tech2 as it was a virgin unit and apparently sucked the VIN off my Tahoe to lock it to the vehicle. It appeared that as a virgin unit all functions were enabled (i.e., rear camera, Bose, etc)

I wired my video connection as follows: C3 pin 7 to center conductor of RCA connector, pin 15 to the shield of the RCA connector (I used shielded video cable). Using this configuration I had no video present on the output when playing a DVD (which looked fine on the NAV unit screen)

So here are my questions:
1. Did I use the correct video out pins?
2. Is there a separate programming option (Tech2) to enable the output (possibly rear seat entertainment system RSE)
3. Do you know if with a virgin NAV the default for RSE is "on" or "off"? (i.e., do I need a Tech2 session)
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NAV video out question

I dont have one of these units yet but have you tried the C2 conector?

16-Pin Connector C2:

Pin Wire Color Circuit No. Function
1 BN/WH 367 Remote Radio Left Audio Signal (U2K)
2 D-GN/WH 368 Remote Radio Right Audio Signal (U2K)
3 Bare 2099 Drain Wire (UQA/UQS/UK6)
4 L-GN 7396 DVD Video Signal 2 (+) (DNU)
5 BN 199 Left Rear Speaker Output (+) (UQ3)
BN/WH 599 Left Rear Low Level Audio Signal (+) (UQA/UQS)
6 D-BU 46 Right Rear Speaker Output (+) (UQ3)
D-BU 546 Right Rear Low Level Audio Signal (+) (UQA/UQS)
7 D-BU 658 Cellular Telephone Voice Signal (UE1)
8 OG 6978 Amplifier Control (UQA Except Y91)
9 TN/WH 372 Remote Radio Audio Output (-) (U2K)
10 GY 388 Remote Radio Right Audio Signal (U2K)
11 Bare 1573 Drain Wire (U2K)

12 WH 7394 DVD Video Signal 2 (-) (DNU)
13 YE 116 Left Rear Speaker Output (-) (UQ3)
BN 1999 Left Rear Low Level Audio Signal (-) (UQA/UQS)
14 L-BU 115 Right Rear Speaker Output (-) (UQ3)
TN 1946 Right Rear Low Level Audio Signal (-) (UQA/UQS)
15 L-BU/BK 659 Low Reference (UE1)
16 D-GN/WH 7395 Video Mode 2 Signal (DNU)

I want to do this myself but if it don't work, I know you can connect the Rear camera to the NAV itself, and use the lockpick2 to connect theheadrestDVD player to the rear camera input and activate it when you want all the screens to play the same thing.

Im curious to know if you have to activate RSE somehow using the tech2 too.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 1:17 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

(This is probably a question for ZX or GMgeek or anyone out there with Tech2/SPS & NAV programming experience)

I have a 66 unit NAV installed with rear camera & GMlockpik. I recently installed the GM headrest DVD's and wanted to run video out from the 66 head unit to the DVD headrest units so I could have all three display the same video (sourced from the NAV DVD player) with audio running native from the NAV unit (instead of using the FM modulator from the Headrest DVDs).

The 66 unit was new in box, so when I installed it I never had to enable it via Tech2 as it was a virgin unit and apparently sucked the VIN off my Tahoe to lock it to the vehicle. It appeared that as a virgin unit all functions were enabled (i.e., rear camera, Bose, etc)

I wired my video connection as follows: C3 pin 7 to center conductor of RCA connector, pin 15 to the shield of the RCA connector (I used shielded video cable). Using this configuration I had no video present on the output when playing a DVD (which looked fine on the NAV unit screen)

So here are my questions:
1. Did I use the correct video out pins?
2. Is there a separate programming option (Tech2) to enable the output (possibly rear seat entertainment system RSE)
3. Do you know if with a virgin NAV the default for RSE is "on" or "off"? (i.e., do I need a Tech2 session)
You don't need tech2 for Yours,
tech2 needed only for escalades
there are 2 ways of doing it. to give you an idea, read my threads at cadillac forum, works the same way on Yukons/Tahoes
check those links below

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eo+integration

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eo+integration
Old February 23rd, 2007, 9:40 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM_geek,

Great post on the Caddy forum - answered my questions. It looks like my wiring is correct so I guess the NAV unit must not have the U42 option enabled. Is there any way to verify this (i.e., tech tricks via key sequences to display radio settings?) or do I have to go in for a Tech2 session to download new parameters including turning on U42?