Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

navigation error

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2006, 2:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: navigation error

ok i went back to dealer got the right dvd nav disk 2.0 for my tahoe and i still get my free two upgrades down the road lol
but i still have the problem where the navigation system isnt accurate on on the freeway and if i exit 45 onto feeter it thinks im still on 45 i went to dealer but i want to test drive with a tech but no one wants to trust me i know how it feels pay back is a bitch but if it were a tech talking to a tech its a diffrent storry i would help him out eventhough i still test drive with customers there isnt anything better than to duplicate a concern on a test drive with the customers other than having a service advisor write up a diffrent concern
im a honda technician here in houston but i wont leave my tahoe because all its going to do is sit there or be driven the hell out
to breakfast and lunch and then the tech will check it out when has done all his cp work first i just wont leave unless they are going to install a new unit or i can wait but then he says its going to be a long time yea right

Z100F1 what would you recomend i do or is there anyone else with this issue does gm have an interactive website for service bulletins service news etc. is there anyway you can hook me up with the link the only bad thing about is that well our honda interactive website
requires our dealer number user id and password dont know if its the same as gm requirments and if your website can pull up electrical schematics one more last question do you know where the gps is on the tahoe 07 lt3
thanks in advance
Old November 2nd, 2006, 3:14 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, use some punctuation! I had to stop reading it.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 3:16 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FRICKING DOUBLE POSTS. Does it ever stall on anyone else?
Old November 2nd, 2006, 4:18 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are a service tech for Honda then you should obviously know the importance of allowing enough time for the service dept to properly diagnose the problem, if you are worried about the integrity of the store then choose a different one or voice your concern (and what you expect) to the service manger before leaving your Tahoe.

You also need to bear in mind that this units GPS technology is accurate to within 13 feet AT BEST, but much of time it is less due to environmental variables, number of satellites within your usable area and anything else that could hinder reception.

So if you exit onto the feeder that parallels the lane that you were just traveling in there is an excellent chance that the unit cannot discern the difference due to normal limitations.

The GPS antenna is located at the top of the dash just left of center close to the glass underneath the top dash panel.

Dave
Old November 2nd, 2006, 4:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope just Cards fans!!!!
Old November 2nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

thanks dave for the information. i quess im a little picky and i would hate to have my tahoe touched up due to a tech not valueing the hoe as i would, ive seen so plenty of accidents at my dealership, one time a tech asumed he put the odyssey van in park on an incline
out side doors of the shop and as he got off the van left the door open went to parts and duing that time the van had rolled back being
in nuetral instead of park and took the whole door i mean the whole door the opossite direction i would have been a very pissed off customer but accidents do happen im not perfect myself put it this way im just a parts replacer lol . very long sentence lol
i hear you brother i dont punctuate much. there you i did a dot whooohoooo.

dave is it the round circle in center of dash the gps i mean? let me ask you this you have a tahoe dave and a nice one looked nice at the lake or bayou what ever that was out fishing i asume, when you hit the hwy and exit onto the ramp does the icon on navi screen
exit with you as you get onto the feeter as or does it still asume your on the hwy??? mine does and i dont think it should.

in you experties what would you say is wrong with this situation, ok let me ask you this is there anyway this unit can be calibrated
by a tech. one more favor how much is the service manual and etm for my tahoe.

one last question among all can you provive me with a link to the interactive website for gm thanks.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Junior,
You need to go back to 3rd grade and retake math, that was 3 "one last questions" that you asked.

I know how cars can be damaged at dealerships; believe you me I do, just got a GMT355 back from the body-shop after a dealership dropped it off the hoist during an LOF.

The “the round circle in center of dash” is the photocell light sensor for the auto lighting and HVAC, the GPS antenna is just to the right of that (if you’re sitting in the seat) and is underneath that same panel, you have to remove the A-pillar trim pieces to be able to remove the panel (several clips holding it all together).

If I exit onto a feeder (or frontage road) that closely parallels the highway, my Nav will sometimes display that I’m still on the highway. This system is accurate enough to get you to the right building but not the right door.

There is nothing that the tech can do to this unit to calibrate the unit.

I cannot provide you with the link or the required usernames or passwords to access GM’s internal site for obvious reasons.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:57 PM
CF Junior Member

thank dave seems like your tahoe is doing the samething mine is. i didnt think these navigation units could be recalibrated i tried to find out on my 2007 accord and couldnt find anything yet we hardley have navigation coplains. i personally think gms navigation unit
su ks if what you are telling about your tahoe and mine do the same thing then i am assuming this is normal for gm. in the other hand i thought something was wront still think so because the navigation unit in my accord diffrent beast of course but when i exit a ramp
on from the freeway the icon on creen exits exactly where im exiting on the ramp and icon shows me that im on feeter not on freeway
hope this makes sense since im still in the thrid grade trust me when it come to my lof i will have them wirte it up and pick up my filter and oil from parts and hed back to my stall lol. well i quess ill just go back to dealer and ask my sells person if i could drive another tahoe just to compare it and if so ill rest my picky brain you wont believe me but my molding on passanger side front door two sided tape wasnt sticking. so i went to dealership they ordered one but its not color coded so i still ordered one and pulled mine off
ahead of time before joe blow scratches my paint when i go back they are goint to laugh at me for doing so but i plan on picking up the part and droping off my old one if they let me if not ill just get some two sided tape from parts and reinstall my old on back im very picky with my cars i quess cause i love to take care on my stuff .

i was just going to buy an 87 ss montecarlo off of ebay with 11000 miles on it it was clean ride heart started beating fast for that baby when i saw it they wanted 17000.00 for it i would have paid that but the only thing was that it was somewhere up north to far to inspect it but it looked as if it were garaged all this time i have two project ones and no time to mess with like i said im too picky if it aint right i wont finish till its right my brother hates me for that lol
Old April 19th, 2007, 12:26 PM
CF Junior Member

errrrrrr im still having problems with this dam head unit i wish i had just gone with another honda.
called gm and there just no help eiather took it to another dealer and the samething its normal, no its not normal and one thing i did get out of gm is that they are aware of this issue and that they are going to be working on this issue, another thing he said was that if they were to get more phone calls that they would adrress this issue alot faster or look into it some more with the feedbacks of customers etc....
Old April 19th, 2007, 3:34 PM
CF Junior Member

ZX1100F1 is there any latest software update or calibration for thenavi unit in our tahoes
and i had a question if i could give you my vin could you tell me if it was preodered for someone els or was it originally with a navi unit in it from factory i have an lt3 it supposably has everything except air ride etc. thanks

Quick Reply: navigation error