Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need help with 99' Denali!

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2006, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 99' Denali!

Hi everyone I just bought a 99' GMC Yukon Denali. Should be the same thing as a 99' Tahoe. When I bought the vehicle it had a completely dead battery. I installed a new battery in it and it started up fine. I drove it around the parking lot a little bit, running excellent. I did notice the little security light on the dash. I then parked it, topped off the fluids, and attempted to start it up. It turns over fine and begins to start but then dies, as if its out of gas. Fuel pressure it good, and it has spark. The injectors are not spraying. It will run on a spray can. I only have one key for it and it appears to be the valet key. When I turn it the key to the "on" position, the security light will go out, however it flashes while the engine is turning over. Could this be due to bad key programming? The truck started fine the first few times, and was running great when I turned it off. Does anyone know what could cause this? Im lost, and have little experience with GM products. Thanks so much for any help.

-Daniel