Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Denali Running Boards??

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2006, 1:59 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Denali Running Boards??

Is it possible to put the 2007 GMC Yukon Denali Running Boards onto my 07 Tahoe? Would it fit? Do I need to modifiy some of the parts? Basically I am trying to add chrome trimming to the running boards. Is there another cheapier alternative? Any information would be appreciated.
Old December 19th, 2006, 10:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 07 Denali Running Boards??

As a matter of fact I just called the GMPDirect about a part number on the running boards as well as a price. Still haven't heard. I have a couple other ideas of whpo to call, I do think however it will be pricey. I want to do the same thing, however the addition of the piece of plastic chrome trim thing which is worth about 5$ will cost us big. The only difference in the step boards is this piece, which I have been told on here can not be ordered seperately. I considered painting mine, saw the body guy I've known for years who does EXCELLENT work, and he said he would do it, but explained that due to the type of plastic surface these are made of which are made to resist wear and stain, even if he sands the heck out of it and covers them with the paint adhereing primer substance, he believes they will chip over time especially if he leaves the top portion black which one would. He suggested leaving them, especially in the winter. If you live in a place like Phoenix, this may work for ya.

let ya know when I hear something
Old December 19th, 2006, 10:58 AM
CF Active Member

Thanks for the info. I will also keep an ear open if I hear anything. But will the Denali boards fit?
Old December 19th, 2006, 8:33 PM
CF Active Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old December 19th, 2006, 10:16 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems those are different than the factory tahoe boards. Can anyone confirm they are not 100% exact same shape? Seems they are shorter and dont extend as far towards front and rear wheels???
Old December 19th, 2006, 11:38 PM
CF Active Member

They aren't the same size. I checked with the dealer.
Old December 19th, 2006, 11:53 PM
CF Addict

DId they say what the difference is?
Old December 20th, 2006, 12:13 AM
CF Active Member

There is an extra grove "channel" where it locks into place. Dam GM...making us work even harder for the stuff we want.
Old December 20th, 2006, 1:06 PM
CF Junior Member

according to the GMC website for the latest changes (seems they are constantly making changes as production continues) the assist steps for the Denali are COLOR KEYED with chrome insert. The site says the YUKON now will have COLOR KEYED steps w/o chrome accent. Also, I'm not sure what the deal in the pic of that thread is but the board does look shorter than ANY Yukon or Denali I have seen. When I find a Denali on the lot somewhere with the color keyed running boards, I will get the VIN and get a prt number, if anyone else happens to see one on a lot, grab the VIN and PM it to me! Thanks!
Old December 20th, 2006, 1:43 PM
CF Addict

I agree, the picture in that ebay post is not for the correct board! Or at least it seems to me it is shorter than anything I have seen on ANY 2007 tahoe, yukon, etc. Seems well shorter than all others?

Quick Reply: 07 Denali Running Boards??