Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

need help with iphone 3g interface

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with iphone 3g interface

I have a iphone 3g, I would like to find out what everyone is succesfully using to run the iphone through the 07 nav radio. I have tried the coastaltec interface, and quite frankly, find it is hard to use.
Seems it will play pretty much what it wants to, or it always goes back to a certain album.
Can't operated the menu very good, it just sits where it wants to. Also will not charge the new 3g phone.
Has anyone found a good i/phone interface yet?
I was running a gmx320 lockpick with it, but pulled that out also. just never seemed to use it.
thanks for your help
Old September 1st, 2008, 11:49 AM
e
CF Senior Member

Default RE: need help with iphone 3g interface

the 3g uses a different charge pattern so none of the current interfaces will charge the 3g. I use peripheral electronics Gateway pxamg and it works quite well with my 1st gen and 3g, however it does not charge the 3g. A new plug is in the works for charging that will charge both units.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 3:58 PM
CF Beginner

I received a notice last week that Scosche's Blue Fusion handsfree is taken advance orders for their product at $399.99 + $24 for an interface harness. I have had a BlueConnect unit from AutoIntelligence.com for the last three months. It does not interface with the sound system at all.
I absolutely love it! It is by far the best bluetooth handsfree unit that I have ever had and it was $249.
Most of the time it's too loud and most of the time the other party doesn't even know I'm on handsfree.

The only drawback with it and my iPhone 2G is that you can't use it to listen to Visual Voice Mail. It's how Apple has chosen to implement this function.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 8:10 PM
e
CF Senior Member

however the blueconnect does not charge or play ipod functions.....it is stricktly a handsfree unit