Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Needs new engine at 106Kmi, how is that even acceptable?

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2016, 9:01 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engine in my 07 Tahoe went out at 120,000 miles. Started losing anti-freeze, then all the dash lights (Stabilitrack/Traction Control) came on, transmission shifted HARD from 1st to 2nd gear, smoke from the exhaust pipe, you name it. Had to have the engine replaced. Two master mechanics both blamed it on the exact same thing, poor workmanship on the heads, allowing the coolant to seep into the engine. They BOTH said GM is aware and has been aware of this issue for a LONG time, but, refused to do a recall because our beloved 5.3 is their top selling workhorse. Sounds like class action time to me. My Tahoe was VERY well maintained, yet, I had to shell out $6,600 for an engine I constantly bragged about to Ford owners. It's time to make GM own up.
Old July 2nd, 2016, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not acceptable. I feel your pain. My 99 Burb started falling apart @ 90,000 mi. Bad brakes, brake lines, fuel lines, intake manifold gasket, AC system, cancerous rust all over the frame. A real disgrace. My VW, Hondas were twice as old and had twice the milage and still going strong. Chevy should be ashamed of the junk they sell. Never again will I buy a Chevy. Put a junk yard engine in and sell it. You'll be glad you did before everything else starts going.