Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New fuel pump leaking.

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2016, 9:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New fuel pump leaking.

Bought a tyc fuel pump, used tyc in the past. Like they're quality and price. Dropped fuel tank. Swapped out pumps, noticed there are 2 o-rings on each line, feed, and return, one yellow, one green. But noticed that new fuel pump connection lines do not have this black plastic retainer like the original did, all else is the same. Figured maybe they're not necessary. They seem pressed on or heated on. They do not come off. Installed me lines , and started making all the connections. Tested and the feed line leaked. This is a 2007 suburban 5.3 ltz 4x4 lc9 or vin 3. Any advice is appreciated.
Old August 7th, 2016, 7:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I am not familiar with TYC, but when doing a fuel pump and all the work involved in dropping the tank, I always use Delco or Dephi pumps. I don't want to do the job again in a few months.
Old August 7th, 2016, 12:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Acdelco is oem and only lasts about 100k miles. Not a very superior product if you ask me. If I get that much out of the tyc I'll be a happy camper. My real issue is the stupid plastic grommets that are corroded to the oem pump and won't come off. I'll check the dealer tomorrow for these parts. Wanted to know if anyone was familiar with this issue. Can't seem to find any info anywhere on it.