Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

NEW GUY COMIN IN!! 1996 Chevrolet Suburban LS

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2010, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile NEW GUY COMIN IN!! 1996 Chevrolet Suburban LS

Hey everyone,
I just joined these forums today, so yes I am a newbie! But I do have a somewhat nice 1996 Chevrolet Suburban LS, that my family and I have owned since it was fresh out of the showroom. We ordered it straight from Chevrolet with a custom paint (white with a navy blue underside). Even in today's standards, IT IS LOADED, AND ITS ALL ORIGINAL, EVEN THE PAINT! Rear A/C, CD, cassette, pwr everything, tilt wheel, etc! It was handed down from my father to me after my last car tragically lost it's life to a speeding motorist who hit my car going about 50 in a 35, while on my way to school! AND SHE WAS UNLICENSED AND UNINSURED ON TOP OF ALL THAT! But anyways, my truck has lasted me AGES! It has a WHOLE LOTTA MILES (217,100) but that is bc it has been across the country quite a lot. Been to Cali, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, South Carolina, etc. It's up for sale right now, and so far all I've had are low ballers coming at me from every angle! Maybe someone can give me a good price I should ask for it. I mean it does need work as it is about 14 years old (manufactured 05/96) but it still runs great and will defenitely get you from Point A to Point B. I'll post pics when I get them uploaded on my PC. It's totally awesome that I found this forum just dedicated to just Chevys. So hopefully I can get some help from the Suburban ppl on here saying what I should do and what price I should ask. I recently got a new job. However ITS A LONG WAY FROM HOME, and I just can't afford the gas anymore, nor the maintainence costs! If those things weren't such an issue, I'd still use it. But it's just not meant for me, if you get my drift. Hope I can get some help. Thanks everyone!
Old January 5th, 2010, 8:32 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Check Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds, and NADA. Also go on Autotrader and CarMax and see what they're going for altho I doubt CarMax will have anything that old.
Old January 5th, 2010, 9:14 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say around 2,000-3,000.
Old January 6th, 2010, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

73shark: I already have tried carmax and all they want for it is $550. Not even kidding! I havent tried Auto Trader yet, I'll see whats up there. Tried KBB and they are saying in my truck's shape, it's worth about $4000 ($3890...so close enough). Havent checked the NADA value or Edmunds but I have a strong feeling, it wont be much!

MDTAHOE: I'm asking $3000 obo.
Old January 6th, 2010, 9:44 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will probably sell quick.
Old January 7th, 2010, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Yano it's funny you say that MDTAHOE, because I have had this truck on the market for 2 months SOLID and all I've gotten is nothing but poor folks coming up and offering me like $450, 500...stuff like that! I know it's worth more, I'm just trying to find a SERIOUS buyer who has the cash in hand that can just come and get it. I keep detailing myself every month just to keep the original paint, in good shape. I mean I wash it every so often when it's not FREEZING outside, but detailing it is a whole different story.
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:00 AM
CF Active Member

Cool craigs list

try posting on craigs list and wait it out ! tuff times all around people just buying the big rigs right now the markets flooded with them
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:43 PM
CF Beginner

Tried posting it on Craigslist, but to no result! Every one started flagging all my ads and I don't understand why. Guess only time will tell!